• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

A number of players linked to the club yesterday. Probably in part due to the story about our transfer ban appeal from Monday.

Zaha - I’m on record to say I think this deal will happen. Possibly audition on Saturday.

Timo Werner - First link I have noticed to Werner.

Chilwell - Continuous link and brilliant footballer. Could depend on faith in Emerson.

Dembele - Not too convinced for what that deal would cost. Some links from Fulham days, first seen in a while.

Malinkovic Savic - Excellent player who would cost a lot, struggle to see the room for him at present.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

A number of players linked to the club yesterday. Probably in part due to the story about our transfer ban appeal from Monday.

Zaha - I’m on record to say I think this deal will happen. Possibly audition on Saturday.

Timo Werner - First link I have noticed to Werner.

Chilwell - Continuous link and brilliant footballer. Could depend on faith in Emerson.

Dembele - Not too convinced for what that deal would cost. Some links from Fulham days, first seen in a while.

Malinkovic Savic - Excellent player who would cost a lot, struggle to see the room for him at present.

Not sure on Zaha tbh. He is 27 in a couple of weeks and would cost a bomb in fee an wages. For me, I think he should have move before now. When looking at his cost questions have to be asked on whether it is better to get another AM. For instance Sancho only has two years left on his contract at the end of this season and he is actually a confirmed Chelsea fan. 

Werner has to be the most non brainer of a transfer at the moment. He will cost a lot in wages but his fee is fixed at €30m. Further, he has improved his game year-on-year and is now 23/24 which is kind of a prefect age. Lastly he can play CF and AM. That means we could probably just sign him and give Willian an extension and we cover AM and CF next year. 

Chilwell. Way overpriced imo. At the money we are talking about for him I would rather Telles or Gaya and spend that sort of money on the forward line. 

Dembele. Good player. I would much rather Werner but he would be an acceptable 2nd option depending on cost. 

M-S. I actually think we need a player like him as I think midfield in general is a bit lightweight outside of Barkley (not good enough) and RLC (always injured and does no work off the ball.) However, he will be in demand and it his arrival could cause problems with playing time. 

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not sure on Zaha tbh. He is 27 in a couple of weeks and would cost a bomb in fee an wages. For me, I think he should have move before now. When looking at his cost questions have to be asked on whether it is better to get another AM. For instance Sancho only has two years left on his contract at the end of this season and he is actually a confirmed Chelsea fan. 

Werner has to be the most non brainer of a transfer at the moment. He will cost a lot in wages but his fee is fixed at €30m. Further, he has improved his game year-on-year and is now 23/24 which is kind of a prefect age. Lastly he can play CF and AM. That means we could probably just sign him and give Willian an extension and we cover AM and CF next year. 

Chilwell. Way overpriced imo. At the money we are talking about for him I would rather Telles or Gaya and spend that sort of money on the forward line. 

Dembele. Good player. I would much rather Werner but he would be an acceptable 2nd option depending on cost. 

M-S. I actually think we need a player like him as I think midfield in general is a bit lightweight outside of Barkley (not good enough) and RLC (always injured and does no work off the ball.) However, he will be in demand and it his arrival could cause problems with playing time. 

Problem with Werner is young German talents will join Bayern if they want him and I suspect t they will . Same with Havertz.

We discussed Zaha already and I think 27 is irrelevant. Easy got 4-5 years in him.

Chilwell will cost a bomb because that’s the going rate for a player of his quality these days. He would be a great signing, just depends if it’s a great signing that’s needed.

Jasonb   
8 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Problem with Werner is young German talents will join Bayern if they want him and I suspect t they will . Same with Havertz.

We discussed Zaha already and I think 27 is irrelevant. Easy got 4-5 years in him.

Chilwell will cost a bomb because that’s the going rate for a player of his quality these days. He would be a great signing, just depends if it’s a great signing that’s needed.

Werner looks very good yet think you are right re Bayern.

I don't think Zaha is right for us not rounded enough for a top striker.

Agree on Chilwell costing too much and with the way they are playing just now don't think they will be looking to sell.

chelboy   
2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah agree with this. Werner and Sancho are the two I hope we go big for. If German teams want to progress they really should stop selling all their top talents to Bayern. 

M-S for that price I can't see too many going for him. I see us buying a CM after the next 2/3 windows. Other positions will take time to replace before we get down the list to a new CM. 

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah, this is probably what is going to happen. However, my main point was that he is the best most gettable player on the market atm. 

I agree, but I do not think Granny will. With the way we have gone about transfers in the past 10 years, I just do not see the club laying out £60m+ and £200k a week wages on a player that is not world class and has nor proven himself at the top level. As for my own views on Zaha, I was ok with is signing when I thought he would be £40m and if he came sometime between 2017-Summer 19. However, I really think that boat has sailed. I mean Dybala was going for similar amounts in the Summer and he is a better player. 

£60-80m for a LB is insane. I do not doubt he is a good player but is he £20-50m better than Telles and Gaya (and that is not including wages)? Also, we have Emerson, do we really need to spend that sort of money to upgrade on him? Either way, I think this is a moot point because if Leicester, which I think they will, get CL next season, they have absolutely no reason to sell. 

6 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Yeah agree with this. Werner and Sancho are the two I hope we go big for. If German teams want to progress they really should stop selling all their top talents to Bayern. 

M-S for that price I can't see too many going for him. I see us buying a CM after the next 2/3 windows. Other positions will take time to replace before we get down the list to a new CM. 

I agree but Bayern usually either get them on a free or get them in their last year of contract with a buyout. There is not really much other German clubs can do.

Last I read Lazio lowered his fee as they appreciate that he has stayed this long and he wants to go. I think if he is available for £50-60m then there will be a few buyers. 

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Werner looks very good yet think you are right re Bayern.

I don't think Zaha is right for us not rounded enough for a top striker.

Agree on Chilwell costing too much and with the way they are playing just now don't think they will be looking to sell.

Indeed. Leicester have got themselves back into another strong position after their title winning side. If they get CL football, they will have shed loads of money and looking to build. The only way they cash in is if the fee is outrageous. 

36 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

How is Mario Pasalic doing ?

He scored tonight. I do not follow him that closely but he is in the first XIV for Atalanta in that if he does not start he usually comes on as a sub. I think there is an agreement for a sale of £12m'ish in his contract. 

Sciatika   

If we are looking at £60-80m for a backup left-back in the Summer, then I would be taking a closer look at an 18-year old Ian Maatsen.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If we are looking at £60-80m for a backup left-back in the Summer, then I would be taking a closer look at an 18-year old Ian Maatsen.

If we are looking at Chilwell it certainly wont be back up. He's better than we have and potential for further improvement too, he has already shown great improvement over the last 18 months.

I'm not saying its not money that could be spent better elsewhere, certainly a good argument for that. As a player and disregarding what options we have there currently, Chilwell would be a great addition.

Personally, I think he is heading to City though. Whilst Mendy is very good, he does pick up injuries. Chilwell looks to be have that Azpiliceuta like robustness in that he is pretty much available, week in week out. I also think Utd will try and throw massive money at Chilwell as he improves them hugely.

So its gonna be an expensive deal I imagine, partly because that is what his ability demands these days, but partly because I think all the major players in England will want him.

It depends on how clinical with our decision making we want to be in the market and with our squad options in his position.

• Like 1