• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Bison   
44 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If we are looking at £60-80m for a backup left-back in the Summer, then I would be taking a closer look at an 18-year old Ian Maatsen.

Exactly. Look at Leicester, they sold Maguire for 85m and promoted Soyuncu who has so far performed brilliantly (and in my opinion is a better player than Maguire).

Emerson is a solid player. I'm sure there are better LBs out there in world football however there isn't one I'd be willing to spend 80m on.

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Exactly. Look at Leicester, they sold Maguire for 85m and promoted Soyuncu who has so far performed brilliantly (and in my opinion is a better player than Maguire).

Emerson is a solid player. I'm sure there are better LBs out there in world football however there isn't one I'd be willing to spend 80m on.

That's a very fair point. To be honest on Chilwell, I want him because I think he is a fantastic player, but also because he stops a rival strengthening whilst strengthening us at the same time.

I'm not convinced we really need him though.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

I think this is the crux of the issue. I think most do not doubt Chilwell is a good player with big potential, but they question whether LB is a position we need to blow £60-80m (with it likely to be the top end of that figure) on when that sort of money could be used elsewhere. My opinion is that Alonso will probably leave but we should look to a Gaya or Telles to go into rotation with Emerson as those players would cost a lot less than Chilwell and I also do not see them as a £30-50m downgrade on him.

chelboy   

Grimaldo is another one. There are plenty of good options for better price than Chilwell. I don’t really rate Chilwell higher than Emerson tbh. They are both around the same. If Emerson value is around £50M or so  then I dont see why Chilwell should cost £80M. Leicester will always overprice ever since we got a bargain for Kante. They probably still haven’t gotten over that. 

5 hours ago, chelboy said:

Grimaldo is another one. There are plenty of good options for better price than Chilwell. I don’t really rate Chilwell higher than Emerson tbh. They are both around the same. If Emerson value is around £50M or so  then I dont see why Chilwell should cost £80M. Leicester will always overprice ever since we got a bargain for Kante. They probably still haven’t gotten over that. 

Tbf, Leicester are now a top 7 side and probably will finish 3-6th at the end of the season. They have a young side and look to be going places. They have already cashed in on the walking forehead so there is no need to cash in on another player, especially in they get into the CL as they will be rolling in it. For that reason, Chilwell, Maddison and Tielemans are going to cost an absolute fortune to extract as they're all young, promising and on long contracts. 

Leicester, will only sell for insane money and if they can replace said player. Hence, for them to sell Chilwell they would probably want £70m+ and the oppotunity to buy some of other LB's mentioned who are in the same ball park ability wise. Maddison and Tieleman's would probably be £80m+. 

Jasonb   
6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Tbf, Leicester are now a top 7 side and probably will finish 3-6th at the end of the season. They have a young side and look to be going places. They have already cashed in on the walking forehead so there is no need to cash in on another player, especially in they get into the CL as they will be rolling in it. For that reason, Chilwell, Maddison and Tielemans are going to cost an absolute fortune to extract as they're all young, promising and on long contracts. 

Leicester, will only sell for insane money and if they can replace said player. Hence, for them to sell Chilwell they would probably want £70m+ and the oppotunity to buy some of other LB's mentioned who are in the same ball park ability wise. Maddison and Tieleman's would probably be £80m+. 

I think Leicester could finish 2nd or 3rd this season, I think Rodgers has given them self belief and they have some decent players.

chara   
18 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think Leicester could finish 2nd or 3rd this season, I think Rodgers has given them self belief and they have some decent players.

Yeah..a very solid side now and definite top six this year...but who do they replace?..hmmm.....

Jasonb   
Just now, chara said:

Yeah..a very solid side now and definite top six this year...but who do they replace?..hmmm.....

City, looking rattled for me and John Stones in defence.

chara   
Just now, Jasonb said:

City, looking rattled for me and John Stones in defence.

"I call that bold words from a one eyed fat man"

Sorry...sure that's not you but love that line!!! (probably misquoted it but you all know that one I'm sure!!!)

Jasonb   
8 minutes ago, chara said:

"I call that bold words from a one eyed fat man"

Sorry...sure that's not you but love that line!!! (probably misquoted it but you all know that one I'm sure!!!)

I wasn't familiar with the quote yet a quick search suggests it's almost flattering - re True Gritt