• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Leo91   

There isn't much to improve in my opinion. Emerson and James could develop to become the modern day fullbacks we've been asking for. Rudiger with Tomori/Zouma is a beast of a CB partnership. The starting CM's are stacked and world class in my opinion so we're not going to improve there. It's second striker/alternate with Tammy and a winger to challenge with Willian and replace Pedros place in the squad, who could be Sancho if we plump up the cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'd be selling Pedro, Barkley, Alonso, and Giroud for sure. Not sure what, if anything,  will be done in January though.

Sure, but there is Rahman, Zappacosta, Miazga, Nathan, Pasalic, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Moses, Piazon, Musonda, Kenedy and Izzie Brown all to go before they do.  Perhaps Bats & Caballero too.  That is after a big firesale we had in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sure, but there is Rahman, Zappacosta, Miazga, Nathan, Pasalic, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Moses, Piazon, Musonda, Kenedy and Izzie Brown all to go before they do. 

I don't know in what order players will be sold, and I'm not sure that it matters. They're all dead wood, aren't they? 

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps Bats & Caballero too. 

Not in my book. Both are terrific servants and I doubt that the club will look to offload therm, unless they want to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I don't know in what order players will be sold, and I'm not sure that it matters. They're all dead wood, aren't they? 

Yeah and the club did a terrific job in last 12 months to get it down to so few.  I'm just saying the Augean Stables is only half cleared.

23 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not in my book. Both are terrific servants and I doubt that the club will look to offload therm, unless they want to go. 

Caballero is 38 - I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we looked for someone younger - 33 say, who could stay around as No 2 for the next 4 or 5 years.  Contract up this year and has hinted he might go back to Spain as he has been in Europe since he was 22.
Bats this year is a lot better than the one I remember from 17/18.  But he is still fighting with Giroud for 2nd/3rd placed CF.  If we buy a big name striker to complement Tammy than I can't see either wanting to stay on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
11 hours ago, Leo91 said:

There isn't much to improve in my opinion. Emerson and James could develop to become the modern day fullbacks we've been asking for. Rudiger with Tomori/Zouma is a beast of a CB partnership. The starting CM's are stacked and world class in my opinion so we're not going to improve there. It's second striker/alternate with Tammy and a winger to challenge with Willian and replace Pedros place in the squad, who could be Sancho if we plump up the cash. 

I agree that there aren't too many positions that obviously look like they need strengthening at this moment.

The striker position does look like it needs strengthening though I don't think we need another winger. We have CHO, Willian, Pusilic and Mount playing there. If we got Sancho ( talented though do not feel he is a good fit for us) would he not expect to walk straight into the team?

Edited by Jasonb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I agree that there aren't too many positions that obviously look like they need strengthening at this moment.

The striker position does look like it needs strengthening though I don't think we need another winger. We have CHO, Willian, Pusilic and Mount playing there. If we got Sancho ( talented though do not feel he is a good fit for us) would he not expect to walk straight into the team?

At circa £100 million he most certainly would, plus any manager who is going to be overseeing that investment in a player is going to be almost forced to play him the majority of the time.

I'm also not sold on Sancho at Chelsea. Don't get me wrong, I would not be disappointed if it were to happen, but Willian has another season in him if we want him and as you mentioned we have 3 good young talents who we can nurture further in these areas. That's not saying another addition might not be a bad idea next summer, but I am just not convinced Sancho at huge money is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
15 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

At circa £100 million he most certainly would, plus any manager who is going to be overseeing that investment in a player is going to be almost forced to play him the majority of the time.

I'm also not sold on Sancho at Chelsea. Don't get me wrong, I would not be disappointed if it were to happen, but Willian has another season in him if we want him and as you mentioned we have 3 good young talents who we can nurture further in these areas. That's not saying another addition might not be a bad idea next summer, but I am just not convinced Sancho at huge money is the answer.

I also think Willian has another season too, very impressed with him so far this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now