• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Kezza said:

Still early days. But if Griezmann continues to struggle at Barca, would people like to see him here? Always loved him. Fantastic player. Not sure why not working out in Barca though.

29 in March........would cost a fortune. Not for me.

15 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

At circa £100 million he most certainly would, plus any manager who is going to be overseeing that investment in a player is going to be almost forced to play him the majority of the time.

I'm also not sold on Sancho at Chelsea. Don't get me wrong, I would not be disappointed if it were to happen, but Willian has another season in him if we want him and as you mentioned we have 3 good young talents who we can nurture further in these areas. That's not saying another addition might not be a bad idea next summer, but I am just not convinced Sancho at huge money is the answer.

Me neither. Not sure he is worth hype and the ludicrous fee that comes with it. Look at their last wonderkid, Dembele, now at Barca. Not exactly turning up trees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

^ Dembele was a different case. He lacks professionalism and has off the field issues. He has talent but the application has not come yet and may never come. Sancho seems to be very focused on football and has his head in the right place. 

Sancho would walk in as our best winger. His decision making is what impresses me the most especially for his age. Not many better wide forwards on the market. He may get overhyped at times but the boy has real talent. Sancho will be top 5 in his position in the next 3-5 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

At circa £100 million he most certainly would, plus any manager who is going to be overseeing that investment in a player is going to be almost forced to play him the majority of the time.

I'm also not sold on Sancho at Chelsea. Don't get me wrong, I would not be disappointed if it were to happen, but Willian has another season in him if we want him and as you mentioned we have 3 good young talents who we can nurture further in these areas. That's not saying another addition might not be a bad idea next summer, but I am just not convinced Sancho at huge money is the answer.

With Sancho, Chelsea need to take a leaf out of the Real/Bayern play book. At the end of this season, he will have two years left on his contract so the only real beneficiary of him leaving then is Dortmund who can then get their £100m+ fee. What we should do, is sound him out and then try and get an agreement for 2021, when he will be much easier to get hold of as Dortmund will be in a weak position.

If we do that, then next summer we can target more problematic areas and give Willian another year. As for Sancho, he can still play high level football at a top club as moving at 20 or 21 is not really an issue.

Personally, I reckon we have a really good shot at Sancho and he will want to come here as he seems to be friends with a lot of our young boys and he is a confirmed Chelsea fan. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a winger to replace Pedro (preferably left-footed) and a striker to replace Giroud (preferably one that can also play wide).

Nothing else is too urgent. Maybe a reserve keeper or two, maybe Christensen will want to leave if he ends the season as 4th choice. If we can get any money for Barkley I'd prefer a more defensive player in his place. I don't see us getting much money for Alonso or finding a better reserve LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

I'd like a winger to replace Pedro (preferably left-footed) and a striker to replace Giroud (preferably one that can also play wide).

Nothing else is too urgent. Maybe a reserve keeper or two, maybe Christensen will want to leave if he ends the season as 4th choice. If we can get any money for Barkley I'd prefer a more defensive player in his place. I don't see us getting much money for Alonso or finding a better reserve LB.

Agree on most of that, although if we flog Alonso to a Valencia / Sevilla, I think we could get a decent fee. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kezza said:

Still early days. But if Griezmann continues to struggle at Barca, would people like to see him here? 

Not for me. 

It feels like he's had his days in the sun and would cost a fortune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say no to Sancho. Would be a huge investment and would give us a very young set of AM's. If we wanted a cheaper alternative adding experience, but not too old, then perhaps Ziyech? I was surprised he didn't move last summer, we were linked if we froze the ban. I have a suspicion there is a deal in the background (others think the same for Zaha, not keen personally) he's only 26, his numbers are good albeit playing for the best team in the Dutch league, and I was impressed with him on Tuesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

That striker & winger role by Giroud and Pedro can be replaced with one player. Ziyech would be perfect. Do we still agree with the Jose notion of 2 players per position is ample amount ?

*To be replaced next window

GK: Kepa/Willy

RB: Azpi/James

CB: Rudiger/Zouma/Tomori/Christensen

LB: Emerson/Alonso*

CM: Jorginho/Kovacic/Kante/RLC/Gilmour

AM: Mount/Willian/Pulisic/ CHO/Pedro*

CF: Abraham/Batshuayi*

22 bang on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo91 said:

That striker & winger role by Giroud and Pedro can be replaced with one player. Ziyech would be perfect. Do we still agree with the Jose notion of 2 players per position is ample amount ?

*To be replaced next window

GK: Kepa/Willy

RB: Azpi/James

CB: Rudiger/Zouma/Tomori/Christensen

LB: Emerson/Alonso*

CM: Jorginho/Kovacic/Kante/RLC/Gilmour

AM: Mount/Willian/Pulisic/ CHO/Pedro*

CF: Abraham/Batshuayi*

22 bang on.

I agree that the striker/winger role can be covered by one player but really the player that we should be looking for that role is Werner. I thought he would be off to Bayern but there are some rumours he got annoyed with them this Summer as he thought he was going there but they then switch to Sane so he decided to sign an extension with a low buy out to re-evaluate his options. If all that is true then he simply has to be our top priority as he ticks every box we are looking for. 

As for the squad, I think there will be more movement than people think. Starting from the top: 

GK - I think we will go after a GK2 and put Willy as 3rd or let him leave. 

CB - I think there will be movement here. Personally, Rudi really concerns me with his injury record, whilst I am still not convinced about Zouma turning into a WC CB, although he has been playing well recently. If however, Zouma does end up as CB1/2 alongside Rudi (if he can get fit long enough) I also do not see Christensen accepting the CB3/4 role. Personally, I would love a Dias or a Romagoli but if the club are looking for more of a squad option to replace whoever is discontented then Savic on a Bosman wouldn't be a bad shout. 

FB - I agree that Alonso looks like he may leave. However, I really hope we do not blow £60-80m on Chilwell. A Telles or Gaya would do nicely instead. 

CM - Gilmour will be out on loan soon as he wants to play and by all accounts wanted a loan this Summer. Barkley is surely gone and I think RLC this season really has to prove that he can a) stay fit and b) start to actually do some work off the ball. I also see big bids coming in for Kante that could get the club to consider what to do (personally I do not see them turning down £90m+; although it would be devastating to see him leave.) If some or all of that occurs, then I can see us going after a Milinkovic-Savic/Nditi/Harvetz type signing. That said, I see this as a more unlikely scenario. 

AM - Pedro will go but if we give Willian an extension, I can see us putting off an AM signing until 2021 (at which point Sancho will have one year left on his Dortmund contract.) Also, if we can get a 2CF that doubles as an AM then this would be an area that would be stocked. 

CF - I am of the opinion 3CF's is always best as it creates competition and it does not cause problems if you get an injury to CF1. Although I have been critical of him in the past, I think Bats is a great CF3. However, if he is happy to accept that is anyones guess. Giroud I actually see going in Jan as his French place is going to be in question if he carries on like he has. As for signings, we simply have to go for Werner. If he is not gettable then I would like to go for Harlaand but that boy is going to cost a bomb and every top European club is going to be after him, while such a signing could also cause issues with Tammy and may cause a need at AM. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

CM - Gilmour will be out on loan soon as he wants to play and by all accounts wanted a loan this Summer.

Right now Gallagher is well ahead of Gilmour.  Not least because he was given a loan while Gilmour was made to hang around at Cobham.
My Charlton supporting relatives rave about Gallagher, more about his all around work load than his goals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now