• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Right now Gallagher is well ahead of Gilmour.  Not least because he was given a loan while Gilmour was made to hang around at Cobham.
My Charlton supporting relatives rave about Gallagher, more about his all around work load than his goals.  

Yeah, Gallagher is probably going under the rader a bit. I think he has a lot of potential from what I have seen but I see the club wanting to give him another one to two years out on loan as prior to this year, that was the standard process for the good young boys. Whether our current success of integrating the young boys has changed things, I am not sure. As you have mentioned in the past, we are currently lacking players in the 23-29 age range and I reckon the club may look to remedy that a bit. 

Edited by King Kante

29 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Whether our current success of integrating the young boys has changed things, I am not sure.

As you have mentioned in the past, we are currently lacking players in the 23-29 age range and I reckon the club may look to remedy that a bit. 

I'd have thought the current success in integrating young men (or rather I'd say in the success of these young men in breaking through) just confirms the importance of a year or two in a half decent league like Bundesliga or Champonship.

Quite - we should be buying proven stars now, albeit closer to 24 than 29.  The rebuild is going very well, though I'm not sure any of the young players who have got into the current team are going to be core to the next PL winning team as Rudiger, Kante and Jorginho can expect to be.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd have thought the current success in integrating young men (or rather I'd say in the success of these young men in breaking through) just confirms the importance of a year or two in a half decent league like Bundesliga or Champonship.

Quite - we should be buying proven stars now, albeit closer to 24 than 29.  The rebuild is going very well, though I'm not sure any of the young players who have got into the current team are going to be core to the next PL winning team as Rudiger, Kante and Jorginho can expect to be.

Indeed. However, I think from what we have seen and what I beleive Viveash said (happy to be corrected), the club likes the youth players to get 100-200 games before coming into the squad. That is around 2-5 years of loans. This is what I think will go back to once we can sign players again, especially if a lot of the current young players stick around as they will be head of the queue. 

That depends. I agree that those three players are our best established players but I do think there are question marks over Rudi and Kante.

Rudi's question mark is his injury record as he is starting to enter the realms of RLC with consistent injuries. At the moment it looks as if late Nov/early Dec is the best we can expect him to make a comeback. This now makes it 3 injuries that have resulted in lay offs of 100 days plus (if you count his current absence as one) and another of 70 days plus since 2015. For me, if he breaks down again in the year after he starts playing again, questions will have to be asked about his ability to stay fit. 

As for Kante, I really see a PSG or Madrid going in hard for him this Summer. Now, I am not convinced he will want to go as he seems to like it here but at the same time I see the club wanting to cash in if they start getting silly offers. Hopefully he stays as he is a wonderful player, and my current favourite, but I just have a feeling that this may be his last. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   

Interesting to see two names that a lot of fans were keen for us to get, Piatek and Jovic, are struggling this season. Going for the one season wonders always attaches a certain risk. 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting to see two names that a lot of fans were keen for us to get, Piatek and Jovic, are struggling this season. Going for the one season wonders always attaches a certain risk. 

Yep. These players that burst through almost out of nowhere do carry high risk for high fees.

I don’t think Jovic has had much look in at Madrid to be fair, but Piatek is a fairly limited striker. Knows where the net is , but little else and he has struggled now required to do a bit more than just get on the end of things in the penalty area.

Leo91   

They're doing a Spurs down in 14th. The team is struggling.

12 hours ago, Leo91 said:

They're doing a Spurs down in 14th. The team is struggling.

Spurs will pick up from here on in, their current plight had a lot do do with MP essentially losing the dressing room. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Spurs will pick up from here on in, their current plight had a lot do do with MP essentially losing the dressing room. 

At the same time, they still have 3 or 4 players who want out...... unless Levy decides to throw more money at them, that wont change 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

At the same time, they still have 3 or 4 players who want out...... unless Levy decides to throw more money at them, that wont change 

Lets see. From my prespective the Spuds squad is one whos make up is prefect from Jose. Of course there are issues with contracts but at the same time even if they are set on leaving those players still need to show good form to get the best offers. I see them improving massively.