• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Lets see. From my prespective the Spuds squad is one whos make up is prefect from Jose. Of course there are issues with contracts but at the same time even if they are set on leaving those players still need to show good form to get the best offers. I see them improving massively. 

31 days to go.  It'll be a big game.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Lets see. From my prespective the Spuds squad is one whos make up is prefect from Jose. Of course there are Issues with contracts but at the same time even if they are set on leaving those players still need to show good form to get the best offers. I see them improving massively. 

But those players are underperforming and or are currently being left out of the team entirely. 

Why would that change? 

Jose has got a massive rebuild on his hands........ when Vertonghen, Alderwerield and Eriksen leave (for nothing remember) they will need a right back, two centre backs, at least one centre midfielder, possibly 2 and probably 2 forwards........arguably a new GK too.  That's £200m - £250m right there. 

bert19   
30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

But those players are underperforming and or are currently being left out of the team entirely. 

Why would that change? 

Jose has got a massive rebuild on his hands........ when Vertonghen, Alderwerield and Eriksen leave (for nothing remember) they will need a right back, two centre backs, at least one centre midfielder, possibly 2 and probably 2 forwards........arguably a new GK too.  That's £200m - £250m right there. 

They also may well have to sell one of their prized assets to raise the cash to spend all of that money.  Especially if they don't make the top four.  

I wouldn't be surprised to hear quite a few rumours around Kane's future as the summer approaches. They'll need some cash from somewhere.

50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why would that change? 

Vertonghen is 32 by next summer, Alderwerield 31.  I doubt they could be sold for more than £25m total even with existing 3 year contracts at current wages.  And at 31/2 only the current club has enough data to know how much longer the player may last.  Running down their contracts has not been silly, just the same as we would do.   Eriksen has value, true.
There may be money in the bank - the stadium is built and they haven't spent for a while.  And as someone mentioned earlier, there may be a new owner in the background.
It is hardly gloom, especially for a club that targets top 4 and not top 2.

55 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Of course there are issues with contracts but at the same time even if they are set on leaving those players still need to show good form to get the best offers. I see them improving massively. 

Yes.  This season they should be doing a lot better and a new manager invariably helps.  

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

At the same time, they still have 3 or 4 players who want out...... unless Levy decides to throw more money at them, that wont change 

Its not an ideal job like Liverpool or Man City, of course, but its still a lot better than Arsenal I would say.

This time Jose has a lot to work with and I'm not going to make any excuses for him as he does have a pretty decent team to work with.

paulw66   
Just now, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Its not an ideal job like Liverpool or Man City, of course, but its still a lot better than Arsenal I would say.

This time Jose has a lot to work with and I'm not going to make any excuses for him as he does have a pretty decent team to work with.

Aren't Arsenal a few points above Spurs? 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Aren't Arsenal a few points above Spurs? 

But its early season and Spurs have been going through a slump as of late. 

Arsenal's squad needs massive investment. From goalkeeper to defenders to midfield and to forward positions they are really average.

I reckon the Arsenal job is a 2 year rebuilding job even before they think about challenging.

Leo91   

Agreed. Spurs are just stuck in a rut, won't take much to fix. Arsenal are a virus. 

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Vertonghen is 32 by next summer, Alderwerield 31.  I doubt they could be sold for more than £25m total even with existing 3 year contracts at current wages.  And at 31/2 only the current club has enough data to know how much longer the player may last.  Running down their contracts has not been silly, just the same as we would do.   Eriksen has value, true.
There may be money in the bank - the stadium is built and they haven't spent for a while.  And as someone mentioned earlier, there may be a new owner in the background.
It is hardly gloom, especially for a club that targets top 4 and not top 2.

Yes.  This season they should be doing a lot better and a new manager invariably helps.  

I agree with all of this. Spuds squad is pretty much a prototypical Jose side. Eriksen may not even get in the first XI as I can see him favouring Dier/Ndombele/Sissoko/Ali and maybe even Wanyama, while Lo Celso can also be used. With the way their squad is I see him trying to recreate his Chelsea Mk1 side and go 433. 

Lloris

Aurier Vertongen Alderweirld Rose

Dier/Wanyama

Sissoko/Ndombele    Lo Celso/Ali

Son                     Kane        Moura/Lamela

That for me is a pretty physically impressive team that will put in a lot of hard yards and tackles. Obviously some of those players and the depth he will try and change in the Summer. However, as a foundation I think he will see a lot of possibilities and I kind of believe him when he says he does not need any signings in January. 

Edited by King Kante

Jasonb   

Just thinking looking at relative league positions if Jose finishes higher than OGS that will be curtains for Olly.

I think JM will look to strengthen in January yet probably just modestly.