• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Rumour has it that the ban has been reduced, still awaiting official confirmation though

Would love to steal Eriksen off Levy........let's nick Alderweireld while we're there.

They can have Barkley and Alonso. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Would love to steal Eriksen off Levy........let's nick Alderweireld while we're there.

They can have Barkley and Alonso. 

Stop picking on Alonso  :)

I really can't see us getting the players we need (like those of the quality of Eriksen and Alderweireld) in January.  And if we needed extra cover we wouldn't have loaned out so many former first team squad members in the first place.

Meanwhile 2 players have come through at AM/No8/10, the positions we were so short in last year.  Pulisic is making his mark, and Mount is precisely the player we were missing last year.  We are not as desperate for an Eriksen as we were.  
I'd say the 2022 PL title winners are missing GK2, LB, CB2, AM2 and CF2  (on the complete guess that 3 out of 4 of Tammy, James and Mount and Tomori push on, and one doesn't - could well be wrong).  These are not the kind of jigsaw pieces you find in a January window.

29 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Am hearing on Twitter (I know, I know) that our ban is being reduced to 1 window.

I would look at the loan market personally. 

Depends. I think there are certain players that can be had this window. For instance; 

Werner: Leipzig's manager has said he can go if he wants. However, I do think with him, he will see out this year as Leipzig have a chance of winning the Bundesliga. 

Sancho: Has clearly been agitating for a move and seems to have p*ssed off Dortmund. 

Haaland: Bild (a very reliable source) claim he has a €20m buy out for this window. However, I think he will not move to a big club at this moment. 

SMS; Lazio appear to have accepted that they will have to let him go and also appear to have become more realistic in their demands. 

Issues for players will be CB and LB, as players like Romagnoli and Chilwell will be impossible to get. Only LB I can see as possible is Telles but I think he would be brought more as a long term LB2 rather than LB1. It may be we sell one of Emerson or Alonso, buy him and then sell the other in Summer with the aim of buying Chilwell. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Stop picking on Alonso  :)

I really can't see us getting the players we need (like those of the quality of Eriksen and Alderweireld) in January.  And if we needed extra cover we wouldn't have loaned out so many former first team squad members in the first place.

Meanwhile 2 players have come through at AM/No8/10, the positions we were so short in last year.  Pulisic is making his mark, and Mount is precisely the player we were missing last year.  We are not as desperate for an Eriksen as we were.  
I'd say the 2022 PL title winners are missing GK2, LB, CB2, AM2 and CF2  (on the complete guess that 3 out of 4 of Tammy, James and Mount and Tomori push on, and one doesn't - could well be wrong).  These are not the kind of jigsaw pieces you find in a January window.

The only thing that would make it possible is the fact we all know how much Levy wont want them going for nothing.

Agree with you, Eriksen probably not a priority, but if you can get him........

55 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Bild reporting that Haaland has a €20m buy out for the upcoming window. Just imagine someone getting him and Werner for €50m/£43m net. Wages would probably be mental. 

Would pass on both to focus on Lautaro Martinez personally.

Many Chelsea fans gutted we missed out on Aguero. This lad reminds me a lot of Aguero but with ability to play as a 10 too.

Release clause is £96 million apparently, but he is the hottest forward in European football for me. It seems Barca are all over him though.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

bert19   
7 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Many Chelsea fans gutted we missed out on Aguero. This lad reminds me a lot of Aguero but with ability to play as a 10 too.

Release clause is £96 million apparently, but he is the hottest forward in European football for me. It seems Barca are all over him though.

It'd also be hilarious if we spent all that money on a player from Conte's squad. 

17 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Personally, I think we we shell out £90m+ on a player, it will likely be for Sancho. Martinez strikes me as a type of player that will want to stay in a Latin country. 

paulw66   

From what I have seen, if we spend £100m on Sancho, we are certifiable. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but don't buy the hype. 

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

From what I have seen, if we spend £100m on Sancho, we are certifiable. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but don't buy the hype. 

There is better value out there. Werner, Dybala (if still available) etc. However, I think he is the type of player we would sign.