• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chelboy   

I think only Pedro, Giroud and Alonso will leave in Jan. It may only be 1 or 2 signings unless something develops in Jan. I can see Zaha coming in. Not sure who else at this stage. January market is not easy and I don’t want us doing panic buys. I think we will stick it out with Barkley until the end of the season. I don’t expect a CB until the summer.  LB seems to be Chilwell but he wont move in January. Be interesting what we do for LB as we can’t get our target in Jan but Alonso will most likely be leaving. Might have to be a loan move that we got in. 

7 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I would like to see us add one quality player. Not sure of specifics of position and who exactly. 

Certainly I'd rather stick to our current dead wood than bring in more.  A lot of what we have is nearing contract expiry anyway.

Not many quality players available in January, and those that are may well be loaned straight back till summer.  I'm not sure we gain much by this decision.

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Depends on expecations. At the moment we look like we could get top 4 as we are......... do you keep your powder dry until the summer when deals are easier?

Personally, yes I would buy as I think over the course of the season maintaining what we have will be tough. For instance, we desperately need a CF2 as at the moment if Tammy does not play we are buggered. Defending against the counter is an issue that needs to be addressed and SFL clearly doesn't rate Emerson or Alonso that highly. So, yes players are needed in Jan.

The problem however will be quality. Chilwell for me is a pipe dream in Jan, so LB may have to be passed, unless we do some sort of deal where one of Emerson/Alonso leaves and then we buy Telles with the view of seeing how he goes and we can drop him to LB2 if it does not work out and buy another LB in Summer. 

CF actually has some possibilities. Both Werner and Haaland have buyouts that can be activated this January. Therefore, the club need to get to work on them one or both of them now. 

CB is difficult. KK for me is too old and Dias has fallen off as well as having his release clause increased. For me, the best option is Romagnali but he is AC's captain so I do not see that happening. I think this area will have to stay as it is as Rudi return may help a lot. 

AM. I do not under any circumstances want to see us sign Zaha. That for me would be an idiotic move at the figures being banded about. The only players I would want here are Werner, Dybala or Sancho. Please no more players that do not fit. Zaha for me runs a big risk of being another Cuadrado in that he is a good player but a conpletely wrong fit. 

CM. I think SMS here is a possibility as I think we need a more physical presence in midfield and I reckon Lazio could sell. Personally, I think he would be a good purchase if he can be had for £50mish. After this, I suggle to see who is available and at the right price. Nditi is too hard to get and Harvetz is too expensive and converted. It is a shame we did not get Ndombele as I think he would've been prefect for us. 

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think only Pedro, Giroud and Alonso will leave in Jan. It may only be 1 or 2 signings unless something develops in Jan. I can see Zaha coming in. Not sure who else at this stage. January market is not easy and I don’t want us doing panic buys. I think we will stick it out with Barkley until the end of the season. I don’t expect a CB until the summer.  LB seems to be Chilwell but he wont move in January. Be interesting what we do for LB as we can’t get our target in Jan but Alonso will most likely be leaving. Might have to be a loan move that we got in. 

I don't see 3 players leaving in January. 

I would try and get Bale on loan. Wouldn't buy him, but short term option, deffo.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I don't see 3 players leaving in January. 

I would try and get Bale on loan. Wouldn't buy him, but short term option, deffo.

That is actually a great shout. He would help for the next six months a lot so long as he stayed fit. 

Leo91   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

In the summer Auba turns 31 and Lacazette 29. Wrong dynamic for us, I think. 

I think it's the perfect dynamic. We need that experienced CF as a #2 for Tammy.

Watched Palace vs Bournemouth earlier on in the week and Zaha did not impress. I'd be seriously gutted if we signed him.

Edited by Leo91

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think it would cost more per match to loan him in than to buy him.  With Willian's form that could well mean neither Pulisicsic nor CHO starting most games.  That would upset quite a few.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think it would cost more per match to loan him in than to buy him.  With Willian's form that could well mean neither Pulisicsic nor CHO starting most games.  That would upset quite a few.

CHO not starting under Lampard is far more accpetable to most than him not starting under Sarri, but there you go.

I don't really get the Bale comment......if we buy him, we will be committed for probably 2.5 years. If it doesnt work out, that is a lot of dosh. A loan for 6 months is realtviely low risk 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I think it's the perfect dynamic. We need that experienced CF as a #2 for Tammy.

Watched Palace vs Bournemouth earlier on in the week and Zaha did not impress. I'd be seriously gutted if we signed him.

Not at the price they would cost....... I wouldnt object to signing a 29 year old striker for a low transfer fee, but how much would either of those cost?

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

CHO not starting under Lampard is far more accpetable to most than him not starting under Sarri, but there you go.

I don't really get the Bale comment......if we buy him, we will be committed for probably 2.5 years. If it doesnt work out, that is a lot of dosh. A loan for 6 months is realtviely low risk 

It’s not the same scenario on CHO. He is off the back of a serious injury and still finding his feet and consistency lacking in recent weeks.

He came back and hit the floor running as was playing. Since then, he has put in some poorer performances off the bench, whilst both William and Pulisic have been very good.

This was not the scenario that played out under Sarri.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall