• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

CHO not starting under Lampard is far more accpetable to most than him not starting under Sarri, but there you go.

I don't really get the Bale comment......if we buy him, we will be committed for probably 2.5 years. If it doesnt work out, that is a lot of dosh. A loan for 6 months is realtviely low risk 

Low risk I agree.  But high cost.  His wages are reportedly Eur 15mn.  He has mostly started for RM when he has been fit.  There really is no point RM loaning him out unless there is a big cash element above the wages.  And besides surely he'd be cup-tied in the CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Low risk I agree.  But high cost.  His wages are reportedly Eur 15mn.  He has mostly started for RM when he has been fit.  There really is no point RM loaning him out unless there is a big cash element above the wages.  And besides surely he'd be cup-tied in the CL.

So half a season, wages of EUR 7.5m.........worth a punt in my view. 

Can't play CL so will be fresher for PL games. I don't expect us to compete properly for that anyway........we could be out by then! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

He came back and hit the floor running as was playing. Since then, he has put in some poorer performances off the bench, whilst both William and Pulisic have been very good.

CHO's best full game for Chelsea was against Newcastle where he was kept on for 89 mins.  Nothing he did last year was as good over more than 30 mins.  Whereas last season there were plenty of poor performances.

It is not form.  It is as you say form of rivals, and the simple basics that only absolute genius thrives at 19 at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulw66 said:

So half a season, wages of EUR 7.5m.........worth a punt in my view. 

Can't play CL so will be fresher for PL games. I don't expect us to compete properly for that anyway........we could be out by then! 

plus a one-off fee of about £10m I guess.  Look at the deal that Milan paid for Higuain.  We got Higuain cheap, but only because Milan had paid for an option that later they didn't want.

(I can hear people already coming for me over loan fees.  At the top level they certainly exist.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinkers   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Low risk I agree.  But high cost.  His wages are reportedly Eur 15mn.  He has mostly started for RM when he has been fit.  There really is no point RM loaning him out unless there is a big cash element above the wages.  And besides surely he'd be cup-tied in the CL.

I think the cup-tied rule has been changed. Dealt with under Article 45 here

BUt Hazard has just been diagnosed with a broken ankle and is out for a while - getting Bale out of Madrid probably got much harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a point. I believe UEFA changed the rules on players and those that played in the group stage for another team can now play for their new team in the knock out stages. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/uefa-to-allow-january-transfers-to-switch-clubs-in-champions-league-as-new-rules-announced-a3800131.html%3famp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

I get vibes Lamps is a big fan of Zaha. Lamps would like someone like that in his system and he is also versatile. I see possibly Giroud going on a loan there to push the price down. Giroud just wants games to be fit for the Euro’s. He will leave on a free in the summer but I think he is looking for game time at the moment. Palace also like Bats. I am not a big fan of Zaha but for a good price I don’t think it would be a awful move. I wouldn’t judge him by recent performances either his head was gone in the summer and clearly should have been sold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I get vibes Lamps is a big fan of Zaha. Lamps would like someone like that in his system and he is also versatile. I see possibly Giroud going on a loan there to push the price down. Giroud just wants games to be fit for the Euro’s. He will leave on a free in the summer but I think he is looking for game time at the moment. Palace also like Bats. I am not a big fan of Zaha but for a good price I don’t think it would be a awful move. I wouldn’t judge him by recent performances either his head was gone in the summer and clearly should have been sold. 

I just do not see the value in Zaha. No matter whixh way you slice it, he is going to cost £65m+. That sort of money was buying you Dybala in the Summer, whilst it is also widely reported from reliable sources that both Werner and Haaland have buyouts of £27 and £18m respectively. Further, owing to his age Zaha is going to want mega money so you would not really be saving money on his wages compared to the others. 

Further to this, he has no experience of CL football and contrary to popular opinion, his form has always been up and down for Palace. For me he screams a Cuadrado type signing. Good player but Chelsea is wrong club and wrong time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

I think the cup-tied rule has been changed. Dealt with under Article 45 here

BUt Hazard has just been diagnosed with a broken ankle and is out for a while - getting Bale out of Madrid probably got much harder.

Fair enough - so Bale could but he won't come.
 

Quote

45.02 Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I just do not see the value in Zaha. No matter whixh way you slice it, he is going to cost £65m+. That sort of money was buying you Dybala in the Summer, whilst it is also widely reported from reliable sources that both Werner and Haaland have buyouts of £27 and £18m respectively. Further, owing to his age Zaha is going to want mega money so you would not really be saving money on his wages compared to the others. 

Further to this, he has no experience of CL football and contrary to popular opinion, his form has always been up and down for Palace. For me he screams a Cuadrado type signing. Good player but Chelsea is wrong club and wrong time. 

The numbers are almost irrelevant for me on Zaha. He will cost what a player of his ability is expected to cost in this day and age.

I have felt since he didn’t leave in the summer, that a deal with Chelsea is in the pipeline. I said that on here at the start of the season, but I’m less confident now to be honest.

My only real concern if we were to sign him, is that he will try to play the same way at Palace here. What I mean by that is, at palace  he is almost a one man attacking team. He is their focal point and has freedom to do everything he wants. Here he will be surrounded by much better players, so he don’t need to be the best kid in the playground here. He needs to show more intelligence at Chelsea and adjust his talents to suit the club and players around him. If he comes and tries to do everything, then I fully expect it to go badly. If he bring his positive attributes and becomes a more team rounded player here, then he would be a good addition over the next 5-6 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now