• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Palace is Zaha level. Hopefully the club will steer well clear of him. 

If the club has any sense they will bring a couple of players in on loan to get 4th or better and wait until the summer to recruit. By that time  frank should have a good idea which of the current youngsters in the 1st team squad are going to cut the mustard  

Of all the two potentially available English attackers, why on earth would we go for Zaha? Failed at United, temperamental at Palace-level and would cost a fortune. Sancho is the direction to go in, let's be Frank (I'll get my coat!)

Just now, RobertoftheGiz said:

If the club has any sense

Since when has our beloved club had too much of that?

I agree but before anything else we need to stay in the top 4

17 minutes ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Of all the two potentially available English attackers, why on earth would we go for Zaha? Failed at United, temperamental at Palace-level and would cost a fortune. Sancho is the direction to go in, let's be Frank (I'll get my coat!)

hardly excelled against us a few weeks back, does he offer any more than Bats does

Edited by exiledblue

1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

hardly excelled against us a few weeks back, does he offer any more than Bats does

When did we play against Dortmund..?

6 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

When did we play against Dortmund..?

zaha played against us a few weeks ago

chelboy   
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I just do not see the value in Zaha. No matter whixh way you slice it, he is going to cost £65m+. That sort of money was buying you Dybala in the Summer, whilst it is also widely reported from reliable sources that both Werner and Haaland have buyouts of £27 and £18m respectively. Further, owing to his age Zaha is going to want mega money so you would not really be saving money on his wages compared to the others. 

Further to this, he has no experience of CL football and contrary to popular opinion, his form has always been up and down for Palace. For me he screams a Cuadrado type signing. Good player but Chelsea is wrong club and wrong time. 

At that price I wouldn’t pay for him but like I said I think Frank really likes him. Frank wants players of his style out wide who get into the box and can run at people both ways. There are definitely better options out there but this being January and with Pedro leaving I really can see us getting Zaha. Many won’t want it to happen but something tells me it will happen. Don’t forget he can play anywhere across the front line which would probably help the cause. I think this one has been in the pipeline for a while.  Werner won’t happen I can’t see him leaving Germany unless to play for Klopp. Harlaand is a tricky one but will probably end up in somewhere like Dortmund. I don’t think he wants a big club move yet. 

Leo91   

I used to be in the Zaha camp but if you actually watch him play he would get torn to shreds in a blue shirt. So wasteful in possession.

chelboy   
25 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I used to be in the Zaha camp but if you actually watch him play he would get torn to shreds in a blue shirt. So wasteful in possession.

I am not a huge fan either especially at that price but when I look at other targets we are linked with in his position  I don’t see them moving in January. Zaha looks the only realistic one to move unfortunately. 

38 minutes ago, chelboy said:

At that price I wouldn’t pay for him but like I said I think Frank really likes him. Frank wants players of his style out wide who get into the box and can run at people both ways. There are definitely better options out there but this being January and with Pedro leaving I really can see us getting Zaha. Many won’t want it to happen but something tells me it will happen. Don’t forget he can play anywhere across the front line which would probably help the cause. I think this one has been in the pipeline for a while.  Werner won’t happen I can’t see him leaving Germany unless to play for Klopp. Harlaand is a tricky one but will probably end up in somewhere like Dortmund. I don’t think he wants a big club move yet. 

You're probably right regarding Werner and Haaland and I think along a similar line. However, both should be targets.

For me, Werner is the biggest no brainer for us out of every possible transfer. He covers both CF and AM, is the perfect age and we do not have to negotiate a fee for him. Further, he has improved his game year on year and still has room for further progress. One other thing is that I am not so sure if will stay in Germany. The word from Bild is that he thought he was going to BM last Summer but they messed him about and went for Sane instead. That is the reason he stayed at RBL and signed a new contract. So, I think he may actually move out of Germany (although if he does go to BM it wouldn't surprise me.) 

As for Haaland, he has his choice of pretty much any club in the world if his £18m buyout is to be believed. Personally, I think the most likely destination for him is either RBL or Utd as RBL are a sister club of RBS and he can replace Werner. Utd I feel also have a chance as they do not have a CF as Rashford and Martial are really AM's. 

That said, I think we should be targetting Haaland as he is a no risk transfer and we can sell him the youth revolution. He is very unlikely admittedly. 

37 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Indeed. He is like a stronger, taller but less skillful Willian. I really do not see the logic in signing him. If he goes pear shaped he will become another Drinky and almost impossible to shift. 

I would honestly prefer no transfer than signing him. This transfer has disaster written all of it like Baka and Cuadrado. 

Edited by King Kante