• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

36 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think we should be looking at potentially spending an absolute fortune on a couple of players. City and Liverpool have done it, even spurs and arsenal can fund £50-70m

I don't know about Spurs.  But we bought a player in that range in both of our last two open windows.  (and about £40m in the window that was closed.)
It was that that convinced me the board were back in charge.

Edited by Droy was my hero

15 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Koulibaly springs to mind as that type of purchase. Slotting right next to Rudiger, it's an imperious and statement signing that settles the defence and has the highly possibility of making that back 5 rock solid. 

Particularly if Rudi is now injury prone, lose him and back to square one

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't know about Spurs.  But we bought a player in that range in both of our last two open windows.  (and about £40m in the window that was closed.)

Spurs signed Ndombele for €60m and the same for Los Celso. I wasn't suggesting we haven't spent those figures on players, however both those teams are seen as the poor relations next to us, we should have in excess of what they have to spend plus the Hazard money etc

29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It was that that convinced me the board were back in charge.

😴

Time to splash the cash lads. If we get Sancho our wingers are sorted for the next 10 years (assuming an upward trajectory for CHO of course). Zaha would be underwhelming but I won't whinge too much if he does end up here. A CF backup or competitor for Tammy is a must, but that can wait till the summer.

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Spurs signed Ndombele for €60m and the same for Los Celso. I wasn't suggesting we haven't spent those figures on players, however both those teams are seen as the poor relations next to us, we should have in excess of what they have to spend plus the Hazard money etc

Didn't realise they were so much.  But I'm not sure any of the top 6 are poor relations to us nowadays.  5 clubs keep within FFP,  and only them,  Man U has stand out earnings.

I've heard rumours that Van Dijks coming ton Chelsea in January? I don't rate him all that highly but I'd expect him to flourish if he joined a better team with better players. Hopefully he wants to actually win things and sees sense.

Ham   
1 hour ago, CostaTheBlue said:

I've heard rumours that Van Dijks coming ton Chelsea in January? I don't rate him all that highly but I'd expect him to flourish if he joined a better team with better players. Hopefully he wants to actually win things and sees sense.

True story but he's insisted that Mbappe is included. All parties happy with the proposal.  Chelsea 5-0. Torres hat trick. 

chara   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

True story but he's insisted that Mbappe is included. All parties happy with the proposal.  Chelsea 5-0. Torres hat trick. 

Hey Ham..what are you doing on here at this time of night?..Five pm here   are you at a Westcliff  on the East Coast here?Sea air may be good but seems to me a bit too invigorating!!

Oh and I miss seeing Broxbourne on your posts!...but good to see you here as ever...

Ham   
11 minutes ago, chara said:

Hey Ham..what are you doing on here at this time of night?..Five pm here   are you at a Westcliff  on the East Coast here?Sea air may be good but seems to me a bit too invigorating!!

Oh and I miss seeing Broxbourne on your posts!...but good to see you here as ever...

My absolute favourite ex-pat Yank. 

Moving from Tottenham country has been the best thing I've ever done. Essex has been far more accommodating. 

15 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

This statement is intriguing. 

1. Hasn’t media tried to portray this to be about almost 100 youth players yet the club talks about 27 players. 

2. Interesting that the club refers to City. Also here the media has tried to portray it like those two situations being very different - both in volume and guilt. 

3. The club is extremely critical of FIFA, to the degree they are questioning both their integrity and suitability as a governing body. 

4. I don’t think we’ve heard the last on this. If this is the clubs stance I’d expect them to sue FIFA.