• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   

I think there is consensus that a few players should be moved on pronto,or dropped immediately(kepa, zouma and unfortunately azpi  because I like him and WAS a very good player).

I still have faith in ac - I have a feeling with the right defensive set up he will come good, but I thought Zappacosta was a decent player so what do I know.

Leo91   
3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Zaha's 90 minutes against bottom placed Watford shows the waste of money he would be

Massive fraud. Scored in back to back games, brought him into my fantasy team over Martial who didn't score for two games and was injured for Spurs. Goes and does nothing for two games and then Martial scores today! 

paulw66   
On 12/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, Droy was my hero said:

The sad thing is that this season we have become a team of wusses.  Scared of making tackles (apart from Kante who gets away with being so small) and scared of opponents who lead with the shoulder and then fall on every contact.
It is a serious issue  and we could do with a Richarlison or a Calvert-Lewin.  I recall Calvert-Lewin as a fantastic teenager who was too feeble to play CF.  He's not taller but he has grown up.

Two away defeats and no yellow cards

One home defeat and no fouls conceded at all 

Incredible 

On 06/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, Ham said:

True story but he's insisted that Mbappe is included. All parties happy with the proposal.  Chelsea 5-0. Torres hat trick. 

Oh,that's interesting, I haven't heard that before. Mbappe would be good and if he wants to join the biggest club in the world I'm all for it. I wouldn't want Torres back though, never rated him. 

chara   
1 hour ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Oh,that's interesting, I haven't heard that before. Mbappe would be good and if he wants to join the biggest club in the world I'm all for it. I wouldn't want Torres back though, never rated him. 

Indeed wouldn't want Torres back but just read an old long nterview with Charlie Cooke..looked fit and I think getting him back and Eddie Mac would be a good bit of business and not expensive...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Yep, agree on Torres. He spent too much time in Liverpool and picked up too many of their thieving ways. Mugged us of £50m last time. As for Mbappe he will fit right in and be the prefect player to take us into our 250k seater stadium. 

Positional wishlist:

CF (Upgrade on Giroud)

AM (Upgrade on Pedro)

DM (Strong midfielder instead of Barkley)

CB (Upgrade on Zouma)

LB (Upgrade on Alonso)

GK2 (Upgrade on Caballero)

This would be incredibly expensive and would probably take 3 windows. I'd say we have about 17 players that will be suitable to be part of a team that challenges for the PL in 2 years' time, but without these upgrades we'll remain a 4th-6th level team.

2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Positional wishlist:

CF (Upgrade on Giroud)

AM (Upgrade on Pedro)

DM (Strong midfielder instead of Barkley)

CB (Upgrade on Zouma)

LB (Upgrade on Alonso)

GK2 (Upgrade on Caballero)

This would be incredibly expensive and would probably take 3 windows. I'd say we have about 17 players that will be suitable to be part of a team that challenges for the PL in 2 years' time, but without these upgrades we'll remain a 4th-6th level team.

I agree that it is going to take some time but I think we can dine out at the top end if we can persuade enough of the players. For instance, we know we have around £150m ready to go, then you could try something like; 

CF - Haaland - £18m 

AM - Werner - £27m 

LB - Telles - £35m (only has 18 months) 

GK2 - Foster if Watford get relegated would be £5-8m. 

I am not going to comment on CB's and DM's as that market is tough to find people. The only CB I really want is Romagnoli but he is AC's captain so he would be tough to get. At DM Nditi will be nigh on impossible, Berge (who we have been linked with) is untested at a high level and Partey at Atelti has a £40m buyout but has questions over his level. Personally, I would not go out for a DM and instead go for a SMS from Lazio as he can both defend and attack and he is very physical. However, I am not so sure he will ever be great. However, if we could swing some sort of deal where he could be had for £50-55m'ish and we can offload Barkley and Baka for somewhere in the same ball park, I think that would be a good deal. 

Obviously, not everyone is going to agree and some of those players may not even entertain the idea of coming here. That said, I think we have the spending power to pull those types of transfers off if we wanted too.

Edited by King Kante

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

where he could be had for £50-55m'ish and we can offload Barkley and Baka for somewhere in the same ball park,

Oooh yes please.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oooh yes please.

I think that may actually be possible and not as crazy as it sounds. Barkley has the English tax factor and Baka is doing ok at Monaco.