• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

10 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think that may actually be possible and not as crazy as it sounds. Barkley has the English tax factor and Baka is doing ok at Monaco. 

I think Barkley is a known beast now.  Baka is 25 and has 10 starts at a mid-table La Liga team.  When we bought him he was 22, on a much lower wage, playing more frequently for the Monaco team that won La Liga 8 points over PSG.  And they had already sold 3 star players at stellar prices.  He was doing better at Milan and still no one seems to have made us an offer.  We won't get much for either I'm afraid.  But good idea to try.

Barkley, Baka, Moses, Zappacosta, Rahman, Drinkwater, Kenedy, never mind Giroud, Pedro, Caballero and perhaps Willian to be pensioned off for no fee.  All recent first team squad members.
I'm pretty sure that we would have taken bids last summer for almost all of this list (as we did with Luiz to my actual surprise).  And we won't get better bids next summer.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think Barkley is a known beast now.  Baka is 25 and has 10 starts at a mid-table La Liga team.  When we bought him he was 22, on a much lower wage, playing more frequently for the Monaco team that won La Liga 8 points over PSG.  And they had already sold 3 star players at stellar prices.  He was doing better at Milan and still no one seems to have made us an offer.  We won't get much for either I'm afraid.  But good idea to try.

Barkley, Baka, Moses, Zappacosta, Rahman, Drinkwater, Kenedy, never mind Giroud, Pedro, Caballero and perhaps Willian to be pensioned off for no fee.  All recent first team squad members.
I'm pretty sure that we would have taken bids last summer for almost all of this list (as we did with Luiz to my actual surprise).  And we won't get better bids next summer.

Baka only has 10 appearances due to a fitness. When fit he is a automatic starter when fit and also stays on. By all accounts Milan would have brought him but couldn't due to FFP which is why they lost their Ropey League spot.

As for Barkley I still see a midtable club taking him at £20-£25m'ish as that is not mega money anymore. I appriciate that wages are an issue and multiple other things but I do not think it is crazy to speculate that they could together get something between £45-55m in fees. That said, I realise the upper end of that figure may be ambitious. As for the others, I agree they are sunk costs, especially Drinky, Zappa (with his knee injury), Pedro, Moses and Willian. Giroud may get a miniscule fee I.e. £2-5m just because people need a CF and his still has the tag as the World Champions CF1. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   

Saw a rumour today that Koulibaly is unhappy at Napoli.......would be all over that despite his age. 

• Like 1

Leo91   

Thats the standout buy. Unfortunately City also need a defender and they'll probably pip us.

17 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Thats the standout buy. Unfortunately City also need a defender and they'll probably pip us.

which no doubt is why Koulibaly is said to be unhappy.

28 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I know you can’t believe everything managers say, but Pep was on about he wouldn’t be buying any players in Jan. He also doesn’t seem too keen on CB’s in general, I wouldn’t be too concerned about City for him.

I would say if we are interested, then Utd might be our biggest threat, but I just don’t see them splashing 160 million on two CB’s within a few months.

Its a lot of money for a 29 year old and not really inline with how we act on transfers. He would be a great addition though.

Just like to point out that Vardy is still banging in the goals, and when his name was mentioned as someone we should go for last season, all the know alls on here were saying he was over the hill and past his best

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Never happy said:

Just like to point out that Vardy is still banging in the goals, and when his name was mentioned as someone we should go for last season, all the know alls on here were saying he was over the hill and past his best

I am not sure anyone said that, but there were plenty who said he was no long term solution, which was and is true. 

I don’t follow the Spanish league too closely these days, but I used to really like the look of Gimenez as a young CB at Atletico.

Not sure what kinda form he is in these days, but 3-4 years back he looked one of the best young defenders in football. Strong, aggressive and likes the competitive side of the game, bit of pace without being quick.

Probably mid 20s these days, so will have racked up a lot of experience for his age at Atletico.

Depending on fitness/form these days, he might not be a bad CB option worth looking at.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

paulw66   

Lots of Ake rumours doing the rounds. For £40m I'd take him back in a heartbeat. 

Can cover left back and centre back. Good ball player and an eye for goal. 10 goals in 92 PL games for Bournemouth.