• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chelboy   

Surprised about the views on Ake. He would walk in as our best CB. He is better than anything we have right now.  I have watched him a few more times of late. He is underrated because he does nothing flash and does the simple things really well. Only thing could be height but physical he is very ferocious and gets stuck in. He’s not the type that gets bullied  easily even despite his smaller frame. I really do think he is better than anything we have and is probably top 5 CB’s in the league. He just plays with very poor defenders. 

Edited by chelboy

Ake and Ruddi would be a very very good CB pairing. With James at RB and Emerson or Aspi at LB I believe we would have one of the bests combo's in the league. However Tomorri will be absolute class and I really hope we don't lose him or discourage him in the big shake up that's coming ( we also shouldn't forget Ampedu who reminds me a little of Ake).

Ham   
8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Ake and Ruddi would be a very very good CB pairing. With James at RB and Emerson or Aspi at LB I believe we would have one of the bests combo's in the league. However Tomorri will be absolute class and I really hope we don't lose him or discourage him in the big shake up that's coming ( we also shouldn't forget Ampedu who reminds me a little of Ake).

I think Ethan's ceiling is infinitely higher than Ake's Nobly. 

He's going to be a superstar. 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

What do you think his position will be? 

Ham   
7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Good question.  I'm impressed by his touch, his strength for such a skinny frame, his decision making and his calmness. 

He looked good in CM for us when tried but he's also played as a CB.  I'm not sure we know his best position yet but he's a prodigious talent wherever he plays. 

Who knows, he might end up starring with someone else, given our strength in midfield right now.  

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

Everytime I watch him I can't believe his age. He is incredible in that respect.  To pauls question,  I think he's  a very versatile young man in many positions . I also think he would do very well in a back 3 . 

13 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Everytime I watch him I can't believe his age. He is incredible in that respect.  To pauls question,  I think he's  a very versatile young man in many positions . I also think he would do very well in a back 3 . 

Too bad we’ve ****ed up his season by an incredibly stupid loan move. He should have been loaned to the Championship where he’d play every week. 

Jasonb   
17 hours ago, paulw66 said:

On the treatment bench, just don't think he is going to be a regular unfortunately.

Best position for me would be as a CB in a back three.

Flinkers   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Too bad we’ve ****ed up his season by an incredibly stupid loan move. He should have been loaned to the Championship where he’d play every week. 

In fairness, a loan to the Bundesliga is a good step.

Loaning him to Leipzig was incredibly poor planning and a pretty serious misjudgement with respect to the quality of their squad.