• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

That's rubbish. If Frank thought that Willy would do a better job then he'd have been replaced already. The issue isn't the GK it's the disconnect between midfield and defense, in the same way that when we have problems scoring it's the disconnect between midfield and attack. The team doesn't seem to think as a unit. It's a bit like watching the youth team where they play as a collection of individuals and because those individuals tend to be better than the opposition they win.

Have to say I agree. 

Kepa kept a joint PL best 14 clean sheets last season, and now he looks shot of any confidence or ability to make routine saves and decisions. 

In the same way I don't buy into the, "Jorginho is a new player under SFL", I also don't buy that Kepa has suddenly turned into a poor keeper. Our defending as a collective and as indiviudals is just p*ss poor. 

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The Sun has its own sports experts and no doubt good contact with Sky and the Times.  
Bleacher Report largely relies on unpaid contributors.  I dare say they have some good stuff on NBA, they don't on football.
The guy that wrote this  writes about one transfer speculation article a week for them.  All of them of the random kind, many making 5 separate claims.  This one was 5 Surprise Transfer Decisions You Need to Know About for 2020.

Sources close to Chelsea's managerial staff have told B/R that boss Frank Lampard is keen for recruitment staff to start work on finding potential new goalkeepers for the 2020/21 season.

Yeah really.  Because sources close to Chelsea are always telling hacks our plans.

So when the Sun quotes Bleacher Report on a story - you know if means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Sorry to disappoint, but they are no better informed than Mesut Ozil.

Not saying this story is true, but I wouldn't say the media are always in the dark with Chelsea either. They caught wind of the SFL to Chelsea as manager rumours quite early this year, and there a quite a few cases of them getting decent information regarding the club's plans IMO. 

Regarding the rumours surrounging Kepa's place in the team next year, I think its fair to say that the club has to look at improving the GK spot. As well as the fullbacks and striking department of course. Kepa has been pretty average. Maybe that changes in the future, but so far he has been very underwhelming in season 2. This isn't a case like David De Gea where Kepa had a weakness but a list of strengths that were obvious. This is a GK who looks weak to average in all departments.

8 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Not saying this story is true, but I wouldn't say the media are always in the dark with Chelsea either. They caught wind of the SFL to Chelsea as manager rumours quite early this year, and there a quite a few cases of them getting decent information regarding the club's plans IMO. 

Except actually they were weeks behind the bookmakers.  Who had Sarri huge odds on favourite to go to Juve and SFL huge odds on to come here long before the papers were writing it with any confidence.  (Just consider the number of people who would have known - about 5 ex-players joined at the same time).  When Sarri came to Chelsea, Napoli had already appointed CA and Conte hadn't appeared once in our summer PR materials - not even to congratulate Chelsea players in getting into WC squads.  No one had a Scoobey.

Other clubs do give up info, and it is usually the case that anything known about Chelsea has been leaked elsewhere.  Generally people leak the plans of Russian Oligarchs about as often as they leak Tony Soprano's.

As well as there being very few examples of the media getting it right, there are many many examples of them getting it completely wrong too.  (Chelsea's media policy seems to be more misdirection than direction).

17 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Regarding the rumours surrounging Kepa's place in the team next year, I think its fair to say that the club has to look at improving the GK spot. 

Yes it is a sensible guess.  But since when has "asked the scouts to look at other keepers" been much of a claim?  Especially when GK2 is 38, and GK3 is 20 and not played a loan game in Div 1 yet.     BTW if you see any WC CFs going cheap - give us a shout!  The only question is are we upgrading 2 keepers or 3?

Crystal Palace will hold firm on their £80m valuation of Wilfried Zaha during the January window... with winger now on Chelsea's wishlist after Arsenal and Everton failed to sign him

• Wilfried Zaha was wanted by Arsenal and Everton during the summer window 
  • Crystal Palace's £80m asking price meant he was too expensive for both clubs
  • The Eagles will stick with that valuation during the January transfer window
  • Chelsea are keen on Zaha after having their transfer ban reduced to one window 

BARGAIN! :)

Ham   

I personally thought Liverpool had overpaid on VVD.  Couldn't have been more wrong.

Who knows whether that would be a bargain or not. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

I personally thought Liverpool had overpaid on VVD.  Couldn't have been more wrong.

Well, I have a pretty fair idea......but that's just me, and no surprise. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's the missing piece in a jigsaw.  Liverpool had a huge VVD shaped hole.  (Well precisely a Mignolet/Karius and a Matip/Lovren shaped void)

MacGuire might have been equally key to the right team - but he went to a team with only 2 pieces in place.
We've got more bits in place than Man U, but we're not ready to pay up for a final piece yet.

Edited by Droy was my hero

We need goals, Zaha averages about 8 a season. I know that arguement has been proven wrong a bit with Pulisic, but Zaha is at peak age and that's from a large sample size playing in our league. Doesn't improve us enough to a fee close to that quoted.

kev61   

oh dear,if zaha comes here he may have the firework effect,looks really good in the short term but burns out really quickly,I wouldn't go near him.