• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Dembele rumours are hotting up.......not entirely sure what to make of them. I wonder if this a Morris reccomendation becasue he played for the Fulham youth team when Morris was our youth team coach and we played them in one of the youth cup finals. Think we won 6-5 on agreggate and he got at least two for them, playing alonside Patrick Roberts. 

Possibly. Its a link that does go back over 3-4 seasons now as we were linked in his Fulham days. I seem to think he left Fulham on the cheap due to his contract length at the time, but I believe a number of clubs looked at him then but he went where he thought he would play.

This is something that crops up with Dembele when talked about quite often, he seems more interested in playing week in week out, rather than being part of a bigger squad of options. Not sure how accurate it is and you can't really blame him for that, but it does make me wonder if he is going to be happy potentially playing second fiddle to Tammy.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

Ham   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Dembele rumours are hotting up.......not entirely sure what to make of them. I wonder if this a Morris reccomendation becasue he played for the Fulham youth team when Morris was our youth team coach and we played them in one of the youth cup finals. Think we won 6-5 on agreggate and he got at least two for them, playing alonside Patrick Roberts. 

I can't keep up with which Moussa Dembele is which.  Too many of them for my liking. 

SKY saying we've been rebuffed .

Probably shortly before a 45 minute monologue on "Aren't Liverpool great"

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sadly, they are very good, and have been for 2 seasons. 

I also doubt sky know much more than we do. 

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sadly, they are very good, and have been for 2 seasons. 

I also doubt sky know much more than we do. 

It is becoming evident to me that we MUST stop them going the season undefeated , we can't stop them winning the League but would should at least be aiming for that , 9th May , it would be a wonderful wonderful thing if we are the ones to spoil it for them . 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

It is becoming evident to me that we MUST stop them going the season undefeated , we can't stop them winning the League but would should at least be aiming for that , 9th May , it would be a wonderful wonderful thing if we are the ones to spoil it for them . 

Amen

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's unbearable now and it's only going to get worse. I'm just glad we have an international tournament in the summer, which means the media's focus can (hopefully) turn to that.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Is this a joke?

Why? Do you prefer to wait until the 11th hour of the last day of the window? 

I would prefer to get players in asap, before we let too many more point slip. Anticipating the ban being lifted I would have hoped some of our negotiations would come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Dembele makes a lot of sense from our point of view. He would be a very reliable option and an extremely good back up to Tammy. can't see him being in the slightest interested in joining though. He has showed already he is far more interested in playing regularly than being a squad player at a bigger club and probably earning far more money so fair play to him.

We could find ourselves in the same situation as Tottenham who have never been able to find someone that will play second fiddle Kane, who plays every game when fit and available.  

Someone like Martial or Rashford,  although I'm not suggesting we sign either player, would be perfect. A player that is equally happy playing anywhere along the front three. I know people talk about Werner and he can play out wide but he has become far too good a striker to be played anywhere else. 

It's why, as much as most of us don't want him, Zaha makes an awful lot of sense. Will be interesting to see what becomes of Villas apparent interest in Batshuayi. If we turn them down you can pretty much guarantee he's going elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Why? Do you prefer to wait until the 11th hour of the last day of the window? 

I would prefer to get players in asap, before we let too many more point slip. Anticipating the ban being lifted I would have hoped some of our negotiations would come to fruition sooner rather than later.

I think things will happen next week. The last couple of weeks have been manic. We now have a full week in between games and any deals we have been working on, with a view to getting them done early, will happen after Sundays game.