• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Why?

Do you prefer to wait until the 11th hour of the last day of the window

I would prefer to get players in asap, before we let too many more point slip.

Anticipating the ban being lifted I would have hoped some of our negotiations would come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Why is every modern day argument like this - one extreme to the other.

No, of course I don't want us to wait until the 11th hour. When did I say that? Oh, I didn't.

Ideally we will get our tranfers done as early as possible. That said, moaning on January 3rd that we haven't signed anyone is pathetic. 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think things will happen next week. The last couple of weeks have been manic. We now have a full week in between games and any deals we have been working on, with a view to getting them done early, will happen after Sundays game.

No, buying players is like shopping in Tesco. You see what you want to buy, walk in, pay for it. No negotiations, no hassle. All done in ten minutes tops. I can't believe we haven't bought 2 or 3 players by now. Perhaps Roman misplaced his credit card?  

8 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Why? Do you prefer to wait until the 11th hour of the last day of the window

I would prefer to get players in asap, before we let too many more point slip. Anticipating the ban being lifted I would have hoped some of our negotiations would come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Agree. I hate the Dippers more than anybody but credit where credit is due. They have their transfer business done already and an excellent piece of business it is for what they need. 

Us? Well what do you expect? It has been the same for years. It does not matter if we have not had a window and desperatly need players, we will drag things out for some inexplicable reason whilst a core group of Chelsea fans will applaud it and say that the board are fantatsic. Whilst it is early days yet if we do not have someone in by the Burnley game I am going to be very disappointed as they have had a very long time to prep any potential signings. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Agree. I hate the Dippers more than anybody but credit where credit is due. They have their transfer business done already and an excellent piece of business it is for what they need. 

Us? Well what do you expect? It has been the same for years. It does not matter if we have not had a window and desperatly need players, we will drag things out for some inexplicable reason whilst a core group of Chelsea fans will applaud it and say that the board are fantatsic. Whilst it is early days yet if we do not have someone in by the Burnley game I am going to be very disappointed as they have had a very long time to prep any potential signings. 

Yet, we bought in Pulisic and Kovacic despite having a ban! Incompetent board. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Off the top of my head I can remember Pulisic, Kepa, Jorginho, Costa, Fabregas, Kovacic, Kante, Bakayoko and Barkley that got done very early with minimal fuss. 

I'm sure there is a fair few that took longer, some that went right to the end of the transfer deadline, Alonso and Luiz for example but I'd say overall we are very good at identifying targets and getting them in early. If nothing else we get as many done early as not. 

It's also been only a month since our ban got lifted, along with the festivities during the month. As much as I would love to see some quality signings, please be realistic and give our board a break!

Bison   
20 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm still waiting to hear your answer to this topic when I asked you a week or so ago... could you just outline exactly what he doesn't do that you think he should be doing this season, maybe then I'll understand your argument better.

He gives the ball away an awful lot, isn't particularly creative and doesn't score a lot. He is about as average as his record before he became a Chelsea player suggests he would be. But he's a signing for the future which is what's really important I suppose. The 25/26 season should be a good year for us.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Bison said:

He gives the ball away an awful lot, isn't particularly creative and doesn't score a lot. He is about as average as his record before he became a Chelsea player suggests he would be. But he's a signing for the future which is what's really important I suppose. The 25/26 season should be a good year for us.

Do you not see the irony that you moan about how Chelsea let Salah and KdB go, and then complain that Pulisic isn't good enough now?

2 goals in 19 games for Salah, aged 22-23. I bet you were moaning he wasn't up to it. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why is every modern day argument like this - one extreme to the other.

No, of course I don't want us to wait until the 11th hour. When did I say that? Oh, I didn't.

Ideally we will get our tranfers done as early as possible. That said, moaning on January 3rd that we haven't signed anyone is pathetic. 

Not sure it was a moan, more of an encouragement to get going asap (dont need too many alonso/luiz nights)

31 minutes ago, King Kante said:

If the club buys it will take 3-4 game for the player to settle into the squad

FFS the dipper have one good season all of a sudden they are the best thing since slice bread. it's taken them 30 years to be in a position of winning the league. whereas since Roman took over the club there has been two major overhauls of the squad which resulted in continue success. the club has started rebuild number 3 with the onus being on academy players and buying quantity players in the early twenties to support a squad challenging for many years rather than short term success.