• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, Bison said:

He gives the ball away an awful lot, isn't particularly creative and doesn't score a lot. He is about as average as his record before he became a Chelsea player suggests he would be. But he's a signing for the future which is what's really important I suppose. The 25/26 season should be a good year for us.

I'm not sure I'd agree with all that, his close control is fantastic and yes he has had games where he's given the ball away, which is frustrating, but his stats so far for the season are not all that bad considering he's new to the league after no real pre-season.

He's played in 23 games this season, but minutes wise he's played 1,576 minutes, which is about 17 and a half games and in that time, he's got 6 goals and 6 assists, which is an involvement in a goal every 131 minutes (or 1 involvement in under every 2 games). Whilst we'd always obviously want an improvement on that, it's actually a pretty good start for a young player coming to this league with or without a full pre-season.

I'm not suggesting he's going to become the best player in the world, but in terms of an investment, I think it's a pretty good one and only see him getting better.

But we all have our own opinions and regardless of the stats above, I enjoy watching him play and is one of a very few players we have that I think has the ability to change a game for us.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Bison   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Do you not see the irony that you moan about how Chelsea let Salah and KdB go, and then complain that Pulisic isn't good enough now?

2 goals in 19 games for Salah, aged 22-23. I bet you were moaning he wasn't up to it. 

Please remind us all how much Salah and KdB cost. I'll wait.

54 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Dembele makes a lot of sense from our point of view.

I just think he is another Batshuayi and basically the same price if you take into account inflation :0)

Maybe Jarrod Bowen would be a good investment for 20m, he has a good record in the championship and would be happy to play second fiddle.

I still believe the club will buy someone this window and will loan them back as they did last season with Pulsic 

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's irrelevant. The principal is the same 

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It’s completely irrelevant. The fees paid for both at the time, would be at least trebled now from the same clubs.

Different levels of money in the game now, compared to then.

26 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I just think he is another Batshuayi and basically the same price if you take into account inflation :0)

Maybe Jarrod Bowen would be a good investment for 20m, he has a good record in the championship and would be happy to play second fiddle.

I still believe the club will buy someone this window and will loan them back as they did last season with Pulsic 

Eze is rumoured to be looked at too. I think Eze has a higher ceiling than Bowen, someone said recently Bowen is out of contract in summer , so I would expect someone to sign him in this window.

chelboy   
32 minutes ago, Bison said:

You keep doing this time and time again. You are not taking into consideration factors that differ between KDB price in 2012 and Pulisic price in 2019. 

Dortmund and Genk are European teams on a different scale. Dortmund will not let one of their assets go for cheap and will demand a bigger fee compared to Genk.

Pulisic in 2019 had more reputation than KDB did in 2012 which will also push his price up. Pulisic has also played in the CL for Dortmund in KO stages and also in the Bundesliga which is rated higher than the Belgian league. Pulisic also has sponsorship deals with Nike and is the golden boy for his country . KDB and Salah in 2012 etc had none of these things going for them. To compare prices for both is ridiculous. Not to mention the obvious change in prices of players in today’s  market compared to 2012. 

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

It’s completely irrelevant. The fees paid for both at the time, would be at least trebled now from the same clubs.

Different levels of money in the game now, compared to then.

Absolutely. But even without the insane inflation we have seen in football, you either have patience with a 20/21 year old, or you dont. You either accept that a player of that age is going to have ups and downs, or you just buy players 25 and over. 

Bison   
24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Of course it is relevant. KdB cost 6.5m and Salah cost 11m.

I'd expect a 60m player to look like one and not be a buy for 5 years from now.

What is also crazy to me is that some supporters are even more patient and lenient with Pulisic than they are with CHO - an academy player coming off one of the worst injuries a footballer can experience.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yet, we bought in Pulisic and Kovacic despite having a ban! Incompetent board. 

Come on. Puli was a Jan buy for Summer and Kova was an extention on a Summer 2018 loan. Question should really be, with a pending ban coming in Summer 2018, why did the board not prep more signings in Jan 19 to cover us in case the ban came through? That would have been prudent planning.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Off the top of my head I can remember Pulisic, Kepa, Jorginho, Costa, Fabregas, Kovacic, Kante, Bakayoko and Barkley that got done very early with minimal fuss. 

I'm sure there is a fair few that took longer, some that went right to the end of the transfer deadline, Alonso and Luiz for example but I'd say overall we are very good at identifying targets and getting them in early. If nothing else we get as many done early as not. 

Kepa was signed on 9 Aug, about a week before the window shut and had a stipulated buyout. 

Barkley was an extention to a Summer 18 transfer that got pulled last minute. 

Jorgi had already had his fee agreed by City and then we moved in and made it apart of Sarri's deal (which dragged out.) 

Costa, Cesc* and Kante all had stipulated buy outs. So no negotiation needed with the clubs. *gentlemans agreement buy out.

Puli had 18 months left and was a Jan for Summer buy. 

Bakayoko was signed mid window. 

So, out of those they only ones you could argue where early were Baka, Puli and Barkley. However, Baka was still mid window, Puli was signed and loaned, whilst Barkley was a continuation of a Summer transfer. Baka is really the only one you can say was timely, while the others either had buyouts or where delayed transfers. Let's face it the club is pony at negotiating. Unless there is a stipulated buy out we take ages or do not get it done. 

Edited by King Kante