• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, kratos said:

Jeez even Burnley don't want him.

His career really did nosedive, didn't it.

Something outside of football must be going on as something just isn't right. Not a world-beater by any means, but a decent PL player on his day, but now seems to be lost and unable to get a game anywhere... can't see many clubs taking a risk on him with what I presume are high wages.

chelboy   

Max Aarons might be available this window. Comfortable RB who is very good on the ball. I wouldn’t mind buying him and loaning him until the summer or possibly 2021. We have 3 full backs who should and could be gone by 2021. 

Edited by chelboy

Inter rumoured to negotiate with Eriksen.

what are your thoughts on him? Not my first choice but PL experience And in a january window I Think its one of the higher quality players available. 

Bison   
4 hours ago, chelboy said:

You keep doing this time and time again. You are not taking into consideration factors that differ between KDB price in 2012 and Pulisic price in 2019. 

Dortmund and Genk are European teams on a different scale. Dortmund will not let one of their assets go for cheap and will demand a bigger fee compared to Genk.

Pulisic in 2019 had more reputation than KDB did in 2012 which will also push his price up. Pulisic has also played in the CL for Dortmund in KO stages and also in the Bundesliga which is rated higher than the Belgian league. Pulisic also has sponsorship deals with Nike and is the golden boy for his country . KDB and Salah in 2012 etc had none of these things going for them. To compare prices for both is ridiculous. Not to mention the obvious change in prices of players in today’s  market compared to 2012. 

He has a reputation because he's from the USA and is sponsored by Nike. It is a good marketing strategy by the club but surely being a good team would capture more hearts and minds in the States than being a crap team with an average player that is American. Working backwards as always.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well you name 2 and Higuain was another option we could have kept I believe (if we wanted him).
But the scale of the 6 or 7 big names we need is massive, it was never going to be done in 2 windows, and frankly how do you attract the first one knowing the window is closed for another 18 months?

ON not getting deals done yet:   is one thing to pre-prepare the scouting, I am sure that has been done.
It is another to pre-prepare the negotiations.  January signings are often late decisions by the selling club.  More over Chelsea may have been confident that the ban would be lifted.  But it is quite different trying to persuade a selling club, a selling agent and the player that it is worth going into serious negotiations without confirmation of a lifted ban.  From the players point of view, any discussion with another club feels like an attempt to leave and a break with his current coach and team-mates.  Only to be done when you are pretty sure.

Of course we don't actually need any signings - 4th doesn't look too much of a challenge (though the usually associated 70+ points might be).  I don't think anyone is expecting more than a decent CL run.  And the only players we need are ones that will be starters in 2020/21.  But if there is a diamond they have found, I can't imagine a deal could be done by Chelsea this early.

I do agree with you on most of this. My main gripe is not that we do not have a signing this window yet. My gripe is a) previous history tells us any signing other than buyout players will be very drawn out and b) the club dropped the ball in Jan 19 in order to prep us for this season. 

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Sounds like a load of excuses to help your argument.

None of them were long drawn out transfers. Not one of them.  All of them got done quickly with minimal fuss. 

The players listed were primarily all buy outs. Our other transfers that were excluded were late in the window or drawn out. As I said, no buyout and we do not get the player until late in the window if at all. 

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yet we continue to out perform similarly funded clubs, and challenge much better funded clubs.
I really never have understood the mistrust of our board.

Most of the deals we get accused of not doing we have never attempted to do.  We don't discuss deals with the press so they guess a lot and then they invent reasons why we didn't do what they guessed.  2 stories for the price of none.

My arguement in my previous post was that unless the player has a buyout we take ages. The mistrust about who is signing who and our target is not really relevant here. 

2 hours ago, I_Hate_red said:

Inter rumoured to negotiate with Eriksen.

what are your thoughts on him? Not my first choice but PL experience And in a january window I Think its one of the higher quality players available. 

We have enough lightweight CM's that offer no protection to the defence. Good player but not the right profile for us unless we are completely overhauling the midfield. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I do agree with you on most of this. My main gripe is not that we do not have a signing this window yet. My gripe is a) previous history tells us any signing other than buyout players will be very drawn out and b) the club dropped the ball in Jan 19 in order to prep us for this season. 

This season and last season was Fxxxed 2 years ago when the changing rooms were stuffed with ordinary and aging players and not a single AM had been bought since 2015..  It has always been a case of doing as well as we can while preparing for 2021 or 2022.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

The players listed were primarily all buy outs. 

Have to ask the obvious here, but so what? Surely most transfer deals usually are, no matter who's buying who? At least that's the way they're reported in the media. Note that our club says nothing, and confirms little about these things. Been that way since RA arrived. 

Leo91   

Villa need a striker, Wesley is out for the season. Good chance to sell Bats.

15 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Villa need a striker, Wesley is out for the season. Good chance to sell Bats.

Is it? I'm not sure that we want to sell him, tbh. Giroud maybe.

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Sadly, they are very good, and have been for 2 seasons. 

I also doubt sky know much more than we do. 

Are they bollocks. They are just benefiting from refereeing decisions and early luck. No way they win the league, they haven't won it for 30 years, what makes you think they'll win it now? Liverpool won't finish higher than 4th and you can quote me on that!

• Confused 2