• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   
2 minutes ago, blue moon said:

馃憤聽

What does that mean? - sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

OK then, who here wants him/her punted?聽

Not a regular poster聽(just a reader) but this guy/gal is a troll and has also trolled you in the Forest thread. It's not remotely funny and they should try getting a hobby.聽For what my opinion's worth,聽I'd like to see them gone.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

What does that mean? - sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

I鈥檓 supporting MT鈥檚 proposal to punt. Sorry, normally I support聽free speech, but this takes the biscuit.

9 hours ago, blue moon said:

馃憤聽

Are you sure?

TheLatinphrasepollice versois used in the context ofgladiatorial combatfor a hand gesture used byAncient Romancrowds to pass judgment on a defeated gladiator. In modern popular culture, it is assumed that "thumbs down" was the signal that a defeated gladiator should be condemned todeath; "thumbs up", that he should be spared.

馃憤聽from me.聽 Spare him.聽 Withdraw the dagger from his throat.

220px-Jean-Leon_Gerome_Pollice_Verso.jpg

Pollice Verso(1872) byJean-L茅on G茅r么meis one of the sources of the "thumbs down" gesture inpopular culture.
Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Are you sure?

TheLatinphrasepollice versois used in the context ofgladiatorial combatfor a hand gesture used byAncient Romancrowds to pass judgment on a defeated gladiator. In modern popular culture, it is assumed that "thumbs down" was the signal that a defeated gladiator should be condemned todeath; "thumbs up", that he should be spared.

馃憤聽from me.聽 Spare him.聽 Withdraw the dagger from his throat.

220px-Jean-Leon_Gerome_Pollice_Verso.jpg

Pollice Verso(1872) byJean-L茅on G茅r么meis one of the sources of the "thumbs down" gesture inpopular culture.

True but when a specific question invites a yes or no answer I'd say thumbs up means yes.聽

Either way, and for clarity, I vote to boot the Scouse troll.聽

I always thought聽TTB/CTB was a fake fan trying to provide content for one of those 'Meltdown' accounts that used to be on Twitter (whatever the Chelsea equivalent of RAWKMeltdown used to be), but was never bothered enough to properly check.

• Like 1

chara   

My take on CTB....I now totally ignore his/her posts......on occasions when members "get into it" with each other and it becomes irrelevant I ignore those posts even when I enjoy the combatants "normal" posts.

CTB's comments are silly and juvenile..if it's a windup then not a good one..but 聽if only good items were allowed here it would be a far less interesting forum...

Leave the guy/gal here but do not respond until something worthwhile is posted.....if he/she is a troll then he/she will go away when no reaction is forthcoming....

ALL on here are ultimately fair minded and pretty sensible. When we censor free speech of any kind except for malicious deliberately harmful comments then we are falling into an area that leads towards Mr Orwells vision.....

I would add CTB annoys me no end BUT......

• Like 2