• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

20 minutes ago, Bison said:

Paredes is a slow, unathletic 'playmaker' and we already have one of those in Jorginho. He has failed badly at PSG and is not the type of player required to improve our midfield.

Chelsea play in the most athletic league in the world. We do not need another snail in midfield getting blown by every game as if he isn't there.

He hasn’t failed badly at all. He has some serious competition in his position in the team, but still managed to get game time.

You may have a point in that he is a little similar to Jorginho, though he is more aggressive player than Jorginho. We do play in a faster league though, so I can go with questions about his pace for our league.  When I have seen him at PSG he has played very well though.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

16 hours ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Wow that's a conspiracy theory on a par with the Moon landing being fake and the queen being a secret lizard. 🌜

I see Jimmy Andersen has just got another 5 wicket haul.  I recall you used to have a view about Jimmy didn't you?

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I see Jimmy Andersen has just got another 5 wicket haul.  I recall you used to have a view about Jimmy didn't you?

Who cares ? He did nothing in the ashes when it mattered. 

On 04/01/2020 at 7:32 PM, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I know not everyone is convinced we need a holding midfielder. We were strongly linked with Paredes last January and he ended up going to PSG, but he not had too much game time. Would be worth another look if they not gonna keep him long term.

Could bring Matic back on loan until the end of the season to fill the void, Frank and Co should be able to get him to stand in the right place

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Could bring Matic back on loan until the end of the season to fill the void, Frank and Co should be able to get him to stand in the right place

The "standing" was always as much of a problem as the wrong place.

synavm   
On 1/4/2020 at 5:22 PM, I_Hate_red said:

Lot of talk about gabigol. Any opinions on him? Never seen him play.

Seems a Diego Costa style player. I like the look of him. His recent scoring record is outstanding. That said, so was Mateja Kezman's.

26 minutes ago, synavm said:

Seems a Diego Costa style player. I like the look of him. His recent scoring record is outstanding. That said, so was Mateja Kezman's.

Maybe in the sense he has a bit of an angry streak but he is a completely different build to Diego, smaller and quicker. Picked up a lot of cards. He didn't do too well when playing in Europe but if we could negotiate a loan with an option to buy then I wouldn't be against it. He could also play in FW role similar to Pedro so could get game time alongside Tammy. We could be in a good bargaining position as Inter are keen on a few of our players, Flamengo have a £17m option so even a small increase on that is extra profit for Inter.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Maybe in the sense he has a bit of an angry streak but he is a completely different build to Diego, smaller and quicker. Picked up a lot of cards. He didn't do too well when playing in Europe but if we could negotiate a loan with an option to buy then I wouldn't be against it. He could also play in FW role similar to Pedro so could get game time alongside Tammy. We could be in a good bargaining position as Inter are keen on a few of our players, Flamengo have a £17m option so even a small increase on that is extra profit for Inter.

He's left footed too, I believe, which would give us more options 

A few links to Cavani today. He may be 32 but I would happily take Cavani for 18 months, would be a great forward for Tammy to learn from and have around the squad as an option.

If you could get him out of PSG in January then we could leave Dembele/Werner until the summer when better chance of them leaving their current clubs.

The worry is Cavani might want to wait until summer when he is on a free and can pick where/who offers the most money.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

A few links to Cavani today. He may be 32 but I would happily take Cavani for 18 months, would be a great forward for Tammy to learn from and have around the squad as an option.

If you could get him out of PSG in January then we could leave Dembele/Werner until the summer when better chance of them leaving their current clubs.

The worry is Cavani might want to wait until summer when he is on a free and can pick where/who offers the most money.

Can also play on the right........ would be a good short term option