• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

A few links to Cavani today. He may be 32 but I would happily take Cavani for 18 months, would be a great forward for Tammy to learn from and have around the squad as an option.

If you could get him out of PSG in January then we could leave Dembele/Werner until the summer when better chance of them leaving their current clubs.

The worry is Cavani might want to wait until summer when he is on a free and can pick where/who offers the most money.

It was rumoured he will be signing a pre contract with Atletico on Feb 1st for a 3 year deal, and that PSG wanted £12m to release him in Jan. If that is the case I can't see us offering that length of deal. I would personally prefer us to finally get some one in as a medium to long term solution. Seems to me that Dembele/Werner are probably preferred targets and won't be moving in January. A loan would be good until our options open up in the summer, Gaibigol or maybe Jovic.

It has also been reported Ziyech can leave Ajax this month for £43m, if true I would be looking at him. I don't believe everything I read in the paper, particularly with transfers so these are just hypothetical 'if's' on what has been reported.

Leo91   

Guessing PSG are moving him on so they can sign Icardi.

Leo91   

Never properly seen him play. Our scouts have to do their jobs. If he deems to pass the eye test then fair enough.

Cavani? Please no. Way too late in his career to come and try and adjust to the Premier League. Especially as he's been playing the French 'league' for the past 6 seasons! It's another Higuain signing and I'd much rather just stick with what we have until the summer if he is all we can get now. He's 33 in February. No from me.

DannyLB   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Cavani? Please no. Way too late in his career to come and try and adjust to the Premier League. Especially as he's been playing the French 'league' for the past 6 seasons! It's another Higuain signing and I'd much rather just stick with what we have until the summer if he is all we can get now. He's 33 in February. No from me.

I don't think there's much legitimacy to that. For the past two weeks, the talk has been that he will move to Atletico Madrid in the summer on a free with Atletico trying to grab him this winter but fee is an issue. 

paulw66   
31 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Looks a lot trimmer than Higuain to me.

Leo91   

He had a good world cup last summer but that might have been his swan song.