• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

On 04/01/2020 at 8:30 PM, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You’re mate is right. He is no better than Bats, probably runs less if anything. He can sniff out a goal in the box, but that’s about all he offers.

Milan on their third different manager in last 6 months and all three of them have ended up benching him, despite being a relatively big money signing on last January.

I remember when this forum went into a meltdown when we didn’t sign him. 

From the Milan fans I’ve spoken to they seem to think he’s a poor mans Pippo Inzaghi. 

Stim   
25 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Completely forgot that guy existed. Scored a couple games running and everyone kept saying how we funded his transfer by taking Higuain from them and how stupid we were. Funny old game.

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

From the Milan fans I’ve spoken to they seem to think he’s a poor mans Pippo Inzaghi. 

2 hours ago, Stim said:

Completely forgot that guy existed. Scored a couple games running and everyone kept saying how we funded his transfer by taking Higuain from them and how stupid we were. Funny old game.

Poor mans Pippo is pretty accurate really. If Piatek is judged on goals only, then he does his job and looks decent. I can see him finding some goals in PL if he comes to a club in January, he just doesn’t offer anything else and certainly not for the level we need to be at.

He’s a Newcastle, Villa type level player at best for me.

5 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Here's a name. Arnautovic....

Can you really see him playing second fiddle to Tammy and not throwing a strop!? Would upset the dressing room with his attitude and swagger imo, best when he big fish in little pond.

First link I have seen to Edouard at Celtic. That would make me happy, I like the look of him and has a lot of untapped potential. Holds the ball up very well and can link up play well, but still carries a goal threat and early 20s.

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Here's a name. Arnautovic....

Not for me, Clive. 

Bad egg.

Oscar, on the other hand..........

chelboy   

I don’t think Piatek is as bad as some are saying. Milan have been a mess for some time now. He picked a poor club to join. His all round game is not quality but he still has very good movement and finishing. The price Milan paid was very good value. If he can find a club that plays good attacking football I am pretty sure he will get back to scoring regularly. There are some good strikers in Serie A who play in systems that don’t create much for attackers.   

Drinkwater off to Villa, just in time to avoid having to watch Burnley and Chelsea play with him on neither bench.

Lets hope JT keeps an eye on him so that he can regain some value.