• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Post Conte we have bought Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic and Kovacic and no one else!! 

When you put it like that, it does look like a major shift in the right direction.

Let's hope it continues that way. Less players, more quality and potential.

37 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

When you put it like that, it does look like a major shift in the right direction.

To give its full context, we couldn't sign anyone in the summer. 

I do however feel the personnel are better so from that point of view it is better, but let's see where sit in 9 months time with regards to recruitment. If we can ship out a lot of the deadwood, we have the basis of a good young squad, but it needs topping up with the right level of player in the right positions.

Bison   
1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Those 4 players were signed for approximately 225m. Do you really think that is a major step in the right direction? Is that value for money?

Edited by Bison

15 minutes ago, Bison said:

Those 4 players were signed for approximately 225m. Do you really think that is a major step in the right direction? Is that value for money?

Compared to Morata,  Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley, Zappacosta etc it is a huge step in the right direction.

Hopefully the next 4 players we sign will be another level again. We are in the process of trying to rebuild a quad that was utter destroyed by Conte. It will take time but we are very much heading the right way.

Bison   
28 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Compared to Morata,  Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley, Zappacosta etc it is a huge step in the right direction.

Hopefully the next 4 players we sign will be another level again. We are in the process of trying to rebuild a quad that was utter destroyed by Conte. It will take time but we are very much heading the right way.

I mean it's a step up but how much really? We're no closer to competing with the top clubs despite this huge outlay. Would any of these 4 players start for the clubs were trying to compete with? Would Pulisic even make Man City's bench for example? It's only looks like a step up because 17\18 was an omnishambles.

17 minutes ago, Bison said:

I mean it's a step up but how much really?

Absolutley huge compared to our previous signings.

We're no closer to competing with the top clubs despite this huge outlay.

But we are on our third manager in three seasons because the first one was an utter clown that decimated our squad and left us in a a truly shambolic state.

Would any of these 4 players start for the clubs were trying to compete with?

Depends who you think we are trying to compete with. I think Kovacic, Jorginho and Pulisic would all get in United, Arsenal and Tottenham's side. Maybe not Kepa at United or Tottenham, although I would have him above Lloris, but all three outfield players would 100% get in.

Would Pulisic even make Man City's bench for example?

Yes he would and he would probably get plenty of game time. He is just turned 21 and has had a perfectly acceptable start to his time here, he would probably be a lot better at City playing with the players they have.  Jorginho would be phenomenal there I'd imagine they would happily have Kovacic too, they dont have the greatest depth at cm.

It's only looks like a step up because 17\18 was an omnishambles.

But that's what it was and this is where we find ourselves right now. We are not in a position to compete with the top clubs for the top players. The mess Conte left us in is going to take a long time to sort out and an awful lot of money, it may not even be possible. 

Edited by Martin1905

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Per game played - excellent value for money.