• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Maddisons a better set-piece taker. But I'd take Grealishs general ability over Maddison.

Hope these Issa Diop links are false.

I can't see any logic to sign him ahead of Ake for roughly the same amount of money. Makes zero sense to me.

Anyone else find this potential Fernandes deal a bit strange? Maybe a sign of the times within football, or at Chelsea of trying to manage the ceiling of transfer fees.

If the reported offer is true, an 18 month loan deal with obligation to buy for £55 million if he plays 50% of our games. 

If you put yourself in Benfica situation, why would you accept that kind of deal. I get he is currently out of favour (which is a worry to start) and they may see this as their opportunity to cash in, but they are not really cashing in. If he does really well and covers the 50% of games, then good chance his value is higher than £55 million at the end of the loan, yet they have committed to a deal at that price.

If he does average or below average, then its likely he wont trigger the 50% of games played and Chelsea will not want to buy him for £55 million.

I get why the deal might interest us, but I struggle to see why it would interest Benfica. It seems a very long loan period of try before you buy.

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I can really see him in a Chelsea shirt. Right time to make a move. 

If the club have any interest I am sure they would go to JT for feedback. I memory serves me JT is a kind of Mentor to Grealish?

On 07/01/2020 at 7:40 PM, bONes said:

to be fair its not accurate. he is a donkey with the control of a brick wall but in serie a he is in a donkey league and his first touch is not important

I may be in the minority but I would take Grealish above Maddison, hands down.

I've not bought into the hype about Maddison at all, I really dont get the fuss. Grealish, on the other hand, I think has the potential to be top quality but he seems to have that something else about him too. He comes across as being really strong mentally and seems to have a real desire to win. 

I just wish he would pull his sock up.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I've not bought into the hype about Maddison at all, I really dont get the fuss. Grealish, on the other hand, I think has the potential to be top quality but he seems to have that something else about him too. He comes across as being really strong mentally and seems to have a real desire to win. 

I just wish he would pull his sock up.

I hadn’t really seen Maddison much in Championship. I watched his PL debut away at Old Trafford last season and within 10mins of that game , I was convinced he is a superstar.

Grealish is very good and probably more flexible in terms of positions. I actually think CM is Grealish best position, but Villa lack strikers so play him further forward. He does hold onto the ball for long periods though, it can slow things down and it’s main reason he gets fouled so much. 

Maddison more a number 10. For his age and experience, he shouldn’t really have the intelligence he has in the positions and space he finds. He has the football intelligence of players like Ozil and Eriksen , but with ability to score from anywhere and create with quick incisive defence splitting passes and much better work rate than those players. His long range passes are normally technically perfect for someone like Vardy to run into.

£100 million is the minimum amount Leicester should be looking at for Maddison. He shouldn’t be this good at his age and after 18months PL football.

Ham   
3 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think there lies the big problem for us when it comes to Grealish and Maddison. They are all fantastic players, but all a bit too similar to each other and we already have our own similar players in Mount and RLC.

I have a couple of good Villa mates and they are adament he will not leave them due to being Vila through and through. I hope they are right because it means he is not signing for an obvious rival, but I just can't see it. I think he will be off in the summer.

Personally, I think Maddison is the greater talent of the two and I think he might go in the summer, but I fully expect it will take £100 million to get him.

They would be great additions, but in an area of the team we don't really need , unless some very ruthless decisions are made.

I would say Mount is a little bit behind them both at present, but the one thing he does have on his side is his attitude and professionalism. The other two certainly have a very cocky swagger about them, that I imagine needs managing and controlling on a fairly regular basis.

I think your Villa mates are overstating his tie with the club.  He was dying to join Spurs not so long ago and if he was offered CL football I'd say he'd be gone like a shot. 

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Me too. 

Leo91   

Maybe I caught him in an off day but against Liverpool Maddison looked lost. Grealish on the other hand is a handful in every game I've watched him in.

Leo91   

Gedson loan to West Ham looks close if not done. Thank god.