• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

16 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Renato never showed anything. He was always potential and nothing more.

He showed quite a bit of potential at Euro 2016 and I think it fair to say the vast majority thought he would go on to be a very good player.

I think possibly only he himself thought he already was, unfortunately.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

paulw66   
30 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Renato never showed anything. He was always potential and nothing more.

That's not what Renee said.......... Christmas no.1 in 1982. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why would Maddison leave Leicester at the moment?

we keep hearing Man Utd think they will just click their fingers and he will join them either in Jan or in the summer.

Teams nowadays Don't need to sell, (thanks to the TV money unless they get relegated), and why would Leicester take money and that donkey Jesse Linguard, that's a non starter.

why would he walk away from Leicester and join Chelsea at the moment?

Leicester were prepared to take a chance on him when he was at Norwich, man Utd and others (us included) could have bought him, but chose not to.

the same applies to Chilwell, we have NO CHANCE of signing him in Jan, and if we don't finish in the top four, we won't get him in the summer.

as for Grealish, unless villa go down, I doubt he will leave his boyhood club.

Ham   
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

That transfer talk program is dreadful. A load of pretty 20 somethings talking absolute bollox about something they know very little about.

They all start off talking with this really irritating tone like they are about to say something really profound. Then come out with a load of cliched crap. Whoever signed that program off as something to put to air should be fired!

What's even funnier is that they all turn up each day and NOTHING happens.  Nothing to discuss. Still, if there is a positive side to it, there's no sign of Jim (Burgundy) White.

57 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That's not what Renee said.......... Christmas no.1 in 1982. 

Ba dum.... Tish!

Came across this. Could be selective stats and there are others that show the opposite, but thought I would post given the recent discussion on the two. Grealish obviously doing it in a far weaker team, and without the leagues top scorer playing in front of him.

20200109_225120.jpg

Leo91   

Use Barkley and Bats + 50m for Grealish ? And Ampadu on loan. Thanks Villa.

We need to make the most out of the good feel around the club at the moment. Top 4, CL last 16, Frank Lampard at the helm to sell his vision. I think Jack would have a hard time to turn us down if we come calling.

Though taking the fantasy championship manager hat off. It depends on where Frank sees Mount playing in the future and of course RLC. We're kinda stacked at the moment and there are other prioritise that need attention in fullbacks. 

Edited by Leo91

Reports of Giroud to Inter... gonna need a striker soon.

As for Giroud, surely he must know that he is going there to also sit on the bench.

If I were him, I would be looking to close off my career starting regularly at a PL club of mid-table and featuring for France in Euro 2020. Not Inter and being on the bench 99% of the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Use Barkley and Bats + 50m for Grealish ?

Seriously? The last I read, Bats wants to stay, and if Giroud is off, that makes sense. As far as Barkley is concerned...well my views i=on that waste of space are well know around here, so I won't go over old ground. Suffice to say, if Villa are that dumb, then they don't deserve Grealish.

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

and of course RLC.

I really don't think that RLC will be back. At least, not the way people are hoping for. 

Kezza   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I really don't think that RLC will be back. At least, not the way people are hoping for. 

You're right in that sense. Attitude trumps talent. RLC/CHO is not inferior talent wise compared to Mount. But Mount is a more reliable and effective player at the moment because of his attitude.