• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Bison   

Is there anybody we can sign in January who plays LB like Reece James does on the right?

I'm not sold on Chilwell.

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

I'm not sold on Chilwell.

Glad its not just me then.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Leo91   

+2. Chilwell isn't my cup of tea from what I've seen. Digne is the one for his crossing ability. 

Bison   
18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Glad its not just me then.

Mahrez ripped him to shreds recently, even more so than he did to Emerson before that.

Chilwell was all over the place in that game and I haven't looked at him the same since. He didn't look like a 60m+ player and I don't think I can stomach us paying stupid money again for average players.

1 hour ago, bONes said:

Alaba for me. Top class defender, at peak age, 27.

Is he? I haven't seen much of him tbh, but I keep reading that he's terrific going forward but isn't a great defender. 

GURJ SS   
9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just watched the first half of Palace, Arsenal and Zaha did absolutely nothing, in fact he looked determined not to get involved. 

That may be because he knows he's off and doesn't want to chance injury but,  I don't think he looks anything like a player we need. 

I'd prefer Richarlison over Zaha, the main problem with Zaha is if he's having a bad game(and happens more often than it should) it's all arms in the air, blaming teammates or telling the ref to eff off. Richarlison just puts his head down and digs deeper every time, he's creative with top skills but can also power through the opposition; he's the type of player that you can keep on the pitch to turn to when Plan A and B haven't worked.

Leo91   

What's Richarlisons best position ? In my head he just roams around the danger areas. Not sure how that would fit in at Chelsea. But saying so look at the Liverpool front 3 and all of them wonder. Perhaps we're too structured.

8 hours ago, Bison said:

Mahrez ripped him to shreds recently, even more so than he did to Emerson before that.

Chilwell was all over the place in that game and I haven't looked at him the same since. He didn't look like a 60m+ player and I don't think I can stomach us paying stupid money again for average players.

60 million pounds for Chilwell would be value in this market IMO. 

Knows the league inside out, already in a competitive team, a possession based team, for 60 million pounds.

You would be very hard pressed to find a better deal than that IMO.