• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   

I'd have Dunk over Ake for sure.  The only negative is that he's 28 already. 

The last thing we need is another defender of average height. 

31 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Probably, if he's reading your reaction to these unsubstantiated press rumours. As far as I can tell, Frank has actually said  absolutely nothing. As you were.......

This.

Stop eating up everything the press said. If they were right we'd almost have a brand new squad now and would have spent about £500m. Trust in the process.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This.

Stop eating up everything the press said. If they were right we'd almost have a brand new squad now and would have spent about £500m. Trust in the process.

Whilst I get what you are saying and generally agree.

A number of players we signed over the last 2/3 years were linked by the press before we signed them, so you have to take some of the links with a degree of credibility.

We have made the odd surprise signing with no prior press link, but it’s not that many to be honest. I can think of Pulisic, Fabregas, Batshuayi, Kepa to some degree that came a little out of the blue.

Many of the other players signed were linked in the days/weeks before they had signed.

paulw66   
57 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Probably, if he's reading your reaction to these unsubstantiated press rumours. As far as I can tell, Frank has actually said  absolutely nothing. As you were.......

As ever MT, a sane voice.

paulw66   
40 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd have Dunk over Ake for sure.  The only negative is that he's 28 already. 

The last thing we need is another defender of average height. 

If it's tall you want, we have Zouma.

If we spend £50m on a 28yo centre half with one England cap, we are mental. 

Edit - not that I believe it for a minute. 

Edited by paulw66

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If it's tall you want, we have Zouma.

If we spend £50m on a 28yo centre half with one England cap, we are mental. 

Edit - not that I believe it for a minute. 

Without even getting into the specifics of Dunk as a player, it would be a dreadful way of spending a large chunk of money.

I personally cannot believe this link either. I suspect we may have held a slight interest over the last 12-18 months and its somehow getting rehashed by various media outlets. It would be one of the least illogical signings the club has ever made for the money discussed. 

38 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

A number of players we signed over the last 2/3 years were linked by the press before we signed them, so you have to take some of the links with a degree of credibility.

A great deal weren't.  And those that were didn't get firmly linked until a week or so before the deal by which time wives are typically already house hunting, or they were linked to 4 or 5 clubs and not Chelsea specifically.
Generally players with clubs or agents that want them to move anywhere get linked to Chelsea.  A very small proportion of them arrive here.

chelboy   

What other CB’s are there that people would like on here? Realistic targets as well none of this Kouilbaly stuff that is never going to happen. 

The way I see it in CB we need a leader type. Someone of the age of 25+. If we lose Rudiger to injury again we are screwed, those other CB’s need a leader type of defender next to them. I don’t think Dunk is any worse of a defender than Maguire in terms of ability plus he has other characteristics that we lack big time. We could probably get his fee less than £50M in the summer. 

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, chelboy said:

What other CB’s are there that people would like on here? Realistic targets as well none of this Kouilbaly stuff that is never going to happen. 

The way I see it in CB we need a leader type. Someone of the age of 25+. If we lose Rudiger to injury again we are screwed, those other CB’s need a leader type of defender next to them. I don’t think Dunk is any worse of a defender than Maguire in terms of ability plus he has other characteristics that we lack big time. We could probably get his fee less than £50M in the summer. 

Unless we are going to sign someone top class, I wouldn't bother.

Dunk is no better than what we have. If we buy him, we will have 5 centre back, plus Azpi (who could play in a 3), so someone would have to go, and all 4 CBs we have are 3 years + younger than Dunk. Makes no sense at all.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Unless we are going to sign someone top class, I wouldn't bother.

Dunk is no better than what we have. If we buy him, we will have 5 centre back, plus Azpi (who could play in a 3), so someone would have to go, and all 4 CBs we have are 3 years + younger than Dunk. Makes no sense at all.

I would argue it makes perfect sense when your defence is crying out for some leadership.