• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 defenders beat us today. What are we waiting for? We needed reinforcements on Jan 1 not Jan 31

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

11 defenders beat us today. What are we waiting for? We needed reinforcements on Jan 1 not Jan 31

We're not buying anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're not buying anyone. 

Maybe.  But to buy someone usually takes weeks of negotiations (unless the player is being set up to go somewhere else where there is a price set that you can gazump).

We couldn't even start those discussions credibly until quite recently.  I guess the best we can do is to try to advance a mooted Summer deal and do it now.

chara   

Transfer questions....for all the demands etc for transfers in this window who is really available?...not dream wish players or short term buys but long term REBUILD players....no well established successful player is going to move at this time and young potentials take a bit of savvy to mark...see recent discussion about Sanchez...looked great but faded if that is the right word...I really thought he was one to go for BUT....

Slight whiff of entitlement wafting around at the moment.....Frank is neither crap  nor proven....not doing a bad job with great deal of restriction he had to deal with from beginning of the season injuries and aging seniors didn't help....not being a Frank apologist....if next season with the right players coming in there is no improvement or rather progress then he is as open to censure as anyone but be realistic about the challenges he faces....for all the Derby comments where are they now?

We all can comment on areas to improve but with such a restricted squad 4th ain't bad and I believe most of us didn't think we would be that high at this time....forget position this season and look at the plus side...if even only one of Mount Tammy James or Tomori "make it" then surely it will be a success.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're not buying anyone. 

I worry that may be true but Abraham is not ready to carry the burden alone. I certainly dont want to move him on anywhere but he doesnt have the presence or movement yet to occupy defenders. I dont know why we didn't change to 2 up front today given the possession we had rather that make a change.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're not buying anyone. 

Maybe but then why would we have even bothered challenging the ban?

3 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I dont know why we didn't change to 2 up front today given the possession we had rather that make a change.

Michy Batshuayi was introduced late on and Lampard explained his reasons behind the decision, as opposed to going to two up front.

‘Sometimes we can [switch to two in attack] if a game feels that way but in that case it would have meant bringing off N’Golo Kante - who was outsnading all game - or Jorginho at the base of our midfield and you have to be careful with their counter-attack.

‘We were creating a lot so the Michy change was to change the feeling of the striker. Can he come on and make something happen because he’s very dangerous around the box so it was just like-for-like.’

chara   
7 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Maybe but then why would we have even bothered challenging the ban?

To prove a point.....being able to buy as an option as opposed to no movement  at all...and didn't Chelsea sign a youngster?......may be another star one day...no signing now leaves no chance he may develop...

chelboy   

Didn’t we go with two upfront against Bournemouth late on and then conceded another late goal? Really makes no difference we could have had 8 strikers on and still wouldn’t have scored.