• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

31 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Maybe but then why would we have even bothered challenging the ban?

Well the club statement when it was overturned was delicious, well worth the legal costs.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Maybe.  But to buy someone usually takes weeks of negotiations (unless the player is being set up to go somewhere else where there is a price set that you can gazump).

We couldn't even start those discussions credibly until quite recently.  I guess the best we can do is to try to advance a mooted Summer deal and do it now.

Absolutely. 

Its also difficult to agree a deal with top class player if you are unable to guarantee CL football. 

It’s a case of getting a couple of loans in and leave the club to negotiate summer transfers When the club hopefully secures a top four position.

Piatek at AC Milan is worth a six month loan. Can’t be any worse than bats. 

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Absolutely. 

Its also difficult to agree a deal with top class player if you are unable to guarantee CL football. 

It’s a case of getting a couple of loans in and leave the club to negotiate summer transfers When the club hopefully secures a top four position.

Piatek at AC Milan is worth a six month loan. Can’t be any worse than bats. 

But we are in it, and with a few players in we should be able to maintain our position and get it next season. Without we may even get caught by a terrible Utd

I'm really hoping the "football board" those Teflon dons who judge all but are never judged themselves , are trying to back Frank with what he wants and aren't instead intending to not buy anyone this window and then sack him when we're fifth. 

Chilwell not in Leicesters squad today .

Probably off to City .

Bison   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Chilwell not in Leicesters squad today .

Probably off to City .

Doubt it. Sounds like he has been in crap form for a long time and has been dropped. Still worth 60m according to some on here though.

Interesting that Bayern said they prefer Lewandowski to Werner because Lewa is more adept playing in tight spaces. Whereas Werner needs space to run into which he gets at Leipzig, but wouldn't at Bayern where teams sit back. Something we need to consider when looking at potential signings, coming up against packed defenses is something we have struggled with for a while. Or we move away from a possession based system, which is unlikely and risky itself. We've also seen what a weapon Reece James' crossing can be, somebody similar at LB would really help.

• Like 1

Bison   

55.4% — Kepa Arrizabalaga has the worst save percentage of any keeper in the Premier League.

127th — Out of 132 keepers from Europe's top seven leagues Kepa ranks 127th in save percentage.

Yikes.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm really hoping the "football board" those Teflon dons who judge all but are never judged themselves , are trying to back Frank with what he wants and aren't instead intending to not buy anyone this window and then sack him when we're fifth. 

Yes and no I would say.

If he really believes Lewis Dunk is going to transform things. Then I hope the board block it.

I say this as someone who thinks Dunk is a good PL standard CB.

I’m sure Frank can say no to any potential signings offered .

If Dunk ends up signing for Chelsea in this window. That will be the first open crack in Lamps judgement as a manager for me. 

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Yikes.

I'm not trying to be unkind but he's not very good at all and in my opinion has no discernable strengths to his game. 

Strangely, he was miles better last season. 

I wonder what the problem is? 

Edited by Mark Kelly