• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm really hoping the "football board" those Teflon dons who judge all but are never judged themselves , are trying to back Frank with what he wants and aren't instead intending to not buy anyone this window and then sack him when we're fifth. 

6 PL titles with only a superior budget for the first two, suggest that anyone who did judge them would find them very good indeed.

Chilwell is only wanted by us, I don't think city are intrested.

Kepa needs to be dropped for a few games, if we are to buy a keeper then go for schmeichel or Pope.

we need a striker now, if we want to finish in the top four...Ings or jimenez or even mousset

Don't believe for a minute that Roman won't sack Lampard if we fail to qualify for Europe, makes no difference to him if the supporters are up in arms, he never goes to the games now.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

6 PL titles with only a superior budget for the first two, suggest that anyone who did judge them would find them very good indeed.

They'd made fantastic decisions employing Conte and Sarri didn't they ?

One took them to the cleaners and the other used them as a stepping stone .

Spent a fortune on a keeper rated 126/132 in Europe's top seven leagues they could literally have done just as well if they'd put 132 names in a bag and pulled one out .

Watching silently from the shadows as our rookie manager struggles with the depth of the squad with no decent options up front whilst they try and eke as much out of the Giroud deal as possible .

Whether it's allowing the owner to foist vanity buys on managers who hadn't asked for them to not strengthening when we were on top leading to the "perhaps we'll get fourth" mentality we had before Roman arrived , consider them judged and found seriously wanting . They're a crap board . As clueless as it's possible to be and not be sacked .

And we're still haemorrhaging money .

Tip top work.

Bison   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not trying to be unkind but he's not very good at all and in my opinion has no discernable strengths to his game. 

Strangely, he was miles better last season. 

I wonder what the problem is? 

You're right, he just isn't a good goalkeeper. He's small and doesn't have cat like reflexes to make up for his lack of size.

29 minutes ago, Bison said:

You're right, he just isn't a good goalkeeper. He's small and doesn't have cat like reflexes to make up for his lack of size.

add, he thinks he is a ball player and doesnt come off his line quick enough to dominate his box.

59 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They'd made fantastic decisions employing Conte and Sarri didn't they ?

One took them to the cleaners and the other used them as a stepping stone .

Sarri certainly.  Conte mixed - employing him was smart and a success.  Letting him bully them into the pay rise and crap player acquisition was regrettable.  
Pretty sure if Chelsea were more worried about money than pure revenge, they would have let him leave in 2018 at zero cost.  Sarri using us as stepping stone - I have no issues with that (good to find someone who doesn't think we were trying to sack him last year).   Hazard and Courtois did the same.  It is how they did it that matters.

I'm not sure I understand the rest - just the rantings of someone who knows what he thinks and doesn't need rational argument to distract him.

• Like 1

Holymoly   

Just as a matter of interest, isn't this Petr Cech's job? I can't imagine he would throw SFL under a bus. Surely it's a question of finding someone worth the money, and the fact that we haven't seen anyone rock up at Cobham would suggest there isn't anyone out there that would add substantively to the first team. The last thing we need now is another Sturridge or Remy. I'd rather muddle on with what we've got, giving the players the game time they need to develop.

48 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Just as a matter of interest, isn't this Petr Cech's job?

No - he was brought in as an Advisor, not a director.  So not a decision maker.  There was an early rumour that he might be the Sporting director - it was (predictably) wrong.