• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Just as a matter of interest, isn't this Petr Cech's job? I can't imagine he would throw SFL under a bus. Surely it's a question of finding someone worth the money, and the fact that we haven't seen anyone rock up at Cobham would suggest there isn't anyone out there that would add substantively to the first team. The last thing we need now is another Sturridge or Remy. I'd rather muddle on with what we've got, giving the players the game time they need to develop.

Agree....change for the sake of it is silly...and Chelsea wouldn't do that..would they?

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - he was brought in as an Advisor, not a director.  So not a decision maker.  

Correct - not his job.

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - he was brought in as an Advisor, not a director.  So not a decision maker.  There was an early rumour that he might be the Sporting director - it was (predictably) wrong.

Thanks for putting me right. I must have missed that. You have to say, in that case, what's the point? Just a glorified scout on Hackney Marshes?

Ham   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Thanks for putting me right. I must have missed that. You have to say, in that case, what's the point? Just a glorified scout on Hackney Marshes?

Well that being said, whenever SFL talks about transfers, he states that he needs to speak to Marina and Petr so he must be trusted to advise on the squad. 

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

Well that being said, whenever SFL talks about transfers, he states that he needs to speak to Marina and Petr so he must be trusted to advise on the squad. 

I wonder what his "Kepa" stance is then ...

bert19   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Same as ours I should think.  We won't be replacing him until the summer (if a better option is available) 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Screenshot_20200120-094610_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Same as ours I should think.  We won't be replacing him until the summer (if a better option is available) 

Last time I checked there were , from memory about 131 better options according to the statistics.

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

He is in his first year after playing, he might otherwise be doing TV and his coaching qualifications with the U16s.  
I think the role is to integrate the Adademy players with the scouting and coaching of the first team, but I agree that sounds a bit vague.