• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wouldn't say no but he can be a bit  "six chances to score once" .

Yeah, I've always thought that of him too. 339 goals in 548 games makes him incredibly prolific though. 

If he misses as many as we think, he has an outrageous ability to be in the right place to at least get the chance.

Ham   

Wolves are close to signing a winger and a striker.

Could mean nothing......but on the other hand 🙏

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Higuain was brought in to lead the line and be the main man.......like you say, re Cavani, we need back up to Tammy. 

Not sure he will want to come as just a back up though.

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They are more desperate than us. I can see them chucking a lot of money towards whoever might be available. 

Hopefully,  if we were to go after the same player in this window, whoever that may be, being in the champions league and having arguably a better chance of qualifying for next season would be enough.

Just now, Ham said:

Wolves are close to signing a winger and a striker.

Could mean nothing......but on the other hand 🙏

Would love Jiminez.

I think I'd love to Traore too although I can't quite make up my mind. We were linked to him whilst he was at Middlesbrough and I wasnt keen at all, I'm not sure now if he has the potential to be something absolutely phenomenal or just looks incredibly fancy without achieving too much.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Would love Jiminez.

I think I'd love to Traore too although I can't quite make up my mind. We were linked to him whilst he was at Middlesbrough and I wasnt keen at all, I'm not sure now if he has the potential to be something absolutely phenomenal or just looks incredibly fancy without achieving too much.

Jiminez is no long term answer either though. Not been known to many over here for very long, but turns 29 in the summer. 

Traore........never wanted him when he was at Boro. Looked like a speed merchant with no end product. He has improved, but not sure by how much.  edit - 5 goals in 50 games......hmmmm

Edited by paulw66

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Jiminez is no long term answer either though. Not been known to many over here for very long, but turns 29 in the summer. 

there's just something about him that I really like, didn't realise he was that old though and have no doubt we have zero interest in him.

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Traore........never wanted him when he was at Boro. Looked like a speed merchant with no end product. He has improved, but not sure by how much.  edit - 5 goals in 50 games......hmmmm

Yeah, I get what you are saying and like I say Icant make my mind up if he is as you describe or maybe he has alot more about him and could become something special. He certainly needs to improve his output though if he's is ever going to reach the next level.

There was talk of Atletico Madrid offering Cavani a 3 year contract and PSG 10mil (they wanted a lot more to lose him now)

Can't see him being available on any kind of loan for the last 6 months of his contract at PSG, or coming on a short term deal if others are offering 3 years. I think he would be good if he came in now, but also we would be back in this position in 18 months

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Interesting that when asked if he was someone we might be looking at he didn't give any bullshit about him being another teams player or anything. Just said he's not absolutely aware of the situation, but we'll see. 

Just a higher class of b/s if you ask me.  Which is part of the manager's job.  

15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Can't see him being available on any kind of loan for the last 6 months of his contract at PSG, or coming on a short term deal if others are offering 3 years. I think he would be good if he came in now, but also we would be back in this position in 18 months

Hasn't started a game for PSG since early November, and if he is off for free in the summer they might as well lose the wages.  He is 33 next month.
He makes a sensible swap for the not quite as expensive Giroud who is 6 months older but doesn't really change things.

Cavani comes with some risks, but a risk worth taking for me. I’d be delighted to have him for 18 months. I doubt he’ll put in the energetic performances Tammy has at times this season, but he adds some experience and guile to our forward line and should be able to add some goals from now until end of the season.

Leo91   

Haven't seen him play since the world cup. Probably declined massively. Great striker in his prime.