• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

37 minutes ago, Bison said:

Cavani, Higuain, Torres, Eto'o, Shevchenko, Pizaro...nice to see us still getting strikers 10 years too late.

Anelka?  Crespo.  Drogba mk 2?
I'd argue we sold Pizarro too early - 28 & 29 goals in next two years.  In fact he got more goals in Germany after he left us than he did before.  That is more German goals in his 30s than during 8 seasons in his 20s.

55 minutes ago, Bison said:

Cavani, Higuain, Torres, Eto'o, Shevchenko, Pizaro...nice to see us still getting strikers 10 years too late.

Looking forward to seeing Luis Suarez in Chelsea colours in 2025.

Done quite well with those to be fair, pretty sure we won a a few domestic cups and a couple of European ones too, including that one with the big handles on the side,  can't quite remember what it's called........

Leo91   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd argue we sold Pizarro too early - 28 & 29 goals in next two years.  In fact he got more goals in Germany after he left us than he did before.  That is more German goals in his 30s than during 8 seasons in his 20s.

Pizarro was a fraud. Was never going to do well in the EPL. I always take a strikers numbers over there with a pinch of salt when you have Luca Toni and Mario Gomez scoring freely.

The big players we missed out on for me was Aguero at Atleti & Falcao and James Rodriguez at Porto before their moves.

Edited by Leo91

22 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Pizarro was a fraud. Was never going to do well in the EPL. I always take a strikers numbers over there with a pinch of salt when you have Luca Toni and Mario Gomez scoring freely.

The big players we missed out on for me was Aguero at Atleti & Falcao and James Rodriguez at Porto before their moves.

4 PL starts - 2 goals.  278 goals in German football.  Pinch of salt rules over big numbers I guess.

Leo91   

He only got 4 starts because he was so off the pace in his substitute appearances. And his two goals came against a relegated Birmingham side. Good player for Peru and in the Bundesliga. Was never going to cut it in the EPL. We signed some weird players, dunno who was worse, him or Boulahrouz 😆

Edited by Leo91

3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

He only got 4 starts because he was so off the pace in his substitute appearances. And his two goals came against a relegated Birmingham side. Good player for Peru and in the Bundesliga. Was never going to cut it in the EPL. We signed some weird players, dunno who was worse, him or Boulahrouz 😆

There really was no contest - Boulah and Kalou.

If Cavani comes, Giroud goes and Bats features less I would be all for this move.

Mainly because he wont be around long enough to hinder Tammy and could be a useful option in rotation.

But we're also short in the attacking positions as well...

Bison   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd kill for a 28 year old Anelka right now. He wasn't like any of the other names mentioned; prime years of his career and hadn't lost any pace.

One of the most underrated players we've had in the Roman era. Great player.

Jasonb   
50 minutes ago, Bison said:

I'd kill for a 28 year old Anelka right now. He wasn't like any of the other names mentioned; prime years of his career and hadn't lost any pace.

One of the most underrated players we've had in the Roman era. Great player.

Shame there is not a similar alternative on the market now although Zaha at 28 might be an option though there the comparison ends.

I was impressed with Anelka when he came to us, Drogba seemed the main striker yet Anelka was more than useful as a second forward or on the right in a front three.

I always though he was petulant player that had sabotaged his own career yet he certainly put in a shift for us picking up four medals.

chelboy   

If we have to buy Cavani then it is a big fat no. 6 month loan deal is fine. His wages will be crazy and Cavani is not the same player he was. Nowhere near.