• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

From a career point of view for him, Chelsea would be the better move for him. 

Who gets dropped/rotated at Liverpool for him?

If he goes there, I hope he's happy watching games from the bench because he is going there as a squad player.

Don’t forget Salah and Mane are off to AFCON in January. I reckon he would get around 20 starts per season in all comps or maybe more. We don’t really know what Klopp plans are but I don’t think he will miss out on Werner for that price. I really would be surprised if we managed to get him over Liverpool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   

Liverpool will also be able to offer him Champions League football. Doubt a talent like Werner will settle for the Europa League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bison said:

Liverpool will also be able to offer him Champions League football. Doubt a talent like Werner will settle for the Europa League.

Always the optimist 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Why?

Fairly certain I read the same about Hazard in 2012

I don't think we are quite as appealing as we were in 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
54 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I don't think we are quite as appealing as we were in 2012.

Finished 6th that year....had a temporary manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimxdfa   
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Don’t forget Salah and Mane are off to AFCON in January. I reckon he would get around 20 starts per season in all comps or maybe more. We don’t really know what Klopp plans are but I don’t think he will miss out on Werner for that price. I really would be surprised if we managed to get him over Liverpool. 

FYI the AFCON is now held in the summer so that’s no longer an issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimxdfa said:

FYI the AFCON is now held in the summer so that’s no longer an issue 

FYI they just changed it back to Jan / Feb . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

FYI they just changed it back to Jan / Feb . 

Think it's only next season...

But everyone sees what's happening in the premier league and how Liverpool are dominating, be honest who would you choose, the PL champions (and maybe CL winners as well (guaranteed CL football), Barcelona (guaranteed CL football) or us (who may not be in any European competition, and like to skimp and argue over every little penny)

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/01/21/chelsea-trolled-by-rb-leipzig-over-werner-transfer/

Edited by Never happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

Making first contact with a player is huge. It shows your intent and you can sell yourself to them. If the club haven't done the leg work these past few months for the summer they should be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
29 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Making first contact with a player is huge. It shows your intent and you can sell yourself to them. If the club haven't done the leg work these past few months for the summer they should be fired.

They would have but it is a lot easier for Liverpool to sell a better project to any player right now. They can say they are recent CL winners  with a good chance of repeating that this season and are about to become PL winners too. They also have a manager that is highly respected in europe. Klopp speaks the same language as him so he wouldn’t have problems communicating with him either. We aren’t in the best position to be competing with City and Liverpool for players. We can’t guarantee CL football either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now