• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 minutes ago, bONes said:

didn't spend anything in Jan! Lets see what happens in the summer

Mind you, that piece/interview with Buck was in November before the appeal was granted.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/24/roman-Abramovich-chelsea-russia-wealth-visa

Buck may well have been thinking of Summer 2020.  (Fingers crossed)

I think most Russians treat the Skripal case as being a tremendously hostile act by Britain on Russia.  You don't have to agree, but you can see why RA hasn't turned up much since then.

Bison   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

Stoch was a funny one. I remember him having an absolute worldie of a game at international level after we sold him and thinking we'd missed out on a superstar and he did absolutely nothing before or since. 

Traore scored that goal in the first pre-season friendly. Nothing after that.

Stoch did have an impact in one game (Stoke home if memory serves right).

• Like 1

chelboy   

Jorginho’s agent has been talking a lot this week about him possibly leaving in the summer. Perhaps maybe something is going on behind the scenes. Could be tactics he is using for a new contract or Jorginho wanting a return to Serie A. The papers will have a field day writing about Kante and Jorginho future in the summer. 

22 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Jorginho’s agent has been talking a lot this week about him possibly leaving in the summer. Perhaps maybe something is going on behind the scenes. Could be tactics he is using for a new contract or Jorginho wanting a return to Serie A. The papers will have a field day writing about Kante and Jorginho future in the summer. 

My guess is that Sarri wants Jorginho at Juve, and perhaps a few others do.  And that the agent is talking about demand for him not about whether he wants to go.
And everyone wants Kante.

If I were Jorginho I'd be wanting to know who is arriving this summer (and if Kante is staying).  

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

My guess is that Sarri wants Jorginho at Juve, and perhaps a few others do.  And that the agent is talking about demand for him not about whether he wants to go.

If I were Jorginho I'd be wanting to know who is arriving this summer (and if Kante is staying).  

Quite. Both Jorginho and Kante should ask for lives to clubs that can win trophies in the next 3-4 seasons. We may be there in 2-3 seasons (depending on his well we do in the transfer windows). But by then these players will be older and past their peak. 

chelboy   

How much would Juve bid for Jorginho though? They are pretty stacked with midfielders already so I don’t see them pushing a high price. We shouldn’t accept anything less than £55M. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Quite. Both Jorginho and Kante should ask for lives to clubs that can win trophies in the next 3-4 seasons. We may be there in 2-3 seasons (depending on his well we do in the transfer windows). But by then these players will be older and past their peak. 

Yeah, Hazard missed a trick by out getting out a year or two earlier.  Kante had perfect timing for his first two years in the Prem, but he has been wasting his time since.  (It would be reasonable if he rates his WC win in 2018 more highly than I do).  

We are all hoping for a statement purchase this summer.  Perhaps we were better off not buying anyone in January, as it would be bound to dissapoint.

19 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We went through a spell of signing young foreign players and I don't remember a single one doing anything of note,  other than land us with a transfer ban

Bruma, van Aanholt,  Kakuta,  Stoch, Traore all flirted with the first team then moved on. They were the best of a poor experiment 

I have to say I agree that signing 16 year olds from other countries has rarely worked out well for us and the club has largely abandoned this, at least 4 years ago. But signing 18 year olds is also risky and very expensive these days. 

As far as I can tell, Christensen is the only 16 year old we've signed from abroad during the Abrahmovic era that has made a reasonable number of first team appearances. Borini, Aké and Bruma being the next best.

So Frank Arnesen would have to be the worst signing of the Abrahmovic era...

We haven't bought a player to then send them on loan since Miazga in Jan 2016 and even he got 6 months with the first team before being shipped out. Nathan and Pantic were signed the previous summer but since 2016 we've only signed players for the first team (with limited success for £550M+).

I'd rather the club bought players aged 20-24 that are ready to go straight into the first team squad. These can be complimented by 1-2 academy players per year. With prices how they are, this means that building or rebuilding a decent side can take 2-3 summers so a long term outlook is needed.

Edited by chiswickblue
Details

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

How much would Juve bid for Jorginho though? They are pretty stacked with midfielders already so I don’t see them pushing a high price. We shouldn’t accept anything less than £55M. 

How would you feel if we took that for Jorginho then spent about the same on a 'proper' defensive midfielder, someone with the profile of Declan Rice?

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

My guess is you have never seen Pjanic play. 

Juve midfield options are very, very strong. Jorginho would struggle to get a game.