• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chelboy   

If we do get Ziyech I see him playing midfield more often than winger. He is very versatile which is a big plus. Talented player ,surprised no one bought him last summer. We have been lacking creativity and he would certainly bring that as well as goals from the midfield. Good at set pieces too. 

If we do manage to get him for £40M and with ease then I wonder why other teams didn’t bother? Perhaps he has some kind of long term injury issue? Fekir showed good form at Lyon with top clubs interested in him but they backed out after finding out he has knee issues which made him end up at Betis. Ziyech seems too good to be true at £40M.

chelboy   
7 minutes ago, Uber Robben said:

Does everyone think this ends any interest in Sancho? Providing Willy gets a new deal (and no other wingers) we’d have Pulisic, CHO, Willian and Ziyech. Is that enough?

I reckon the board are hoping they can buy Sancho next summer. His price would have gone down as his contract expires in 2022. In the summer of 2021 he would cost a maximum of £90M. Right now he is around £130M+. I don’t see anyone paying that price which might suit us if he stays another year in Dortmund. Sancho is target no.1 but I reckon we might push for an agreement with him this summer telling him to wait for next year. That would be the ideal scenario for the club. It depends on what Sancho wants to do. 

bert19   
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

I reckon the board are hoping they can buy Sancho next summer. His price would have gone down as his contract expires in 2022. In the summer of 2021 he would cost a maximum of £90M. Right now he is around £130M+. I don’t see anyone paying that price which might suit us if he stays another year in Dortmund. Sancho is target no.1 but I reckon we might push for an agreement with him this summer telling him to wait for next year. That would be the ideal scenario for the club. It depends on what Sancho wants to do. 

Risky as it relies on him turning down about 350k a week to go to Man Utd

paulw66   

there's also talk of Boga, who is doing brilliantly in seria A for Sassuolo and is available to us for about EUR 15m

kratos   
12 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he does go to United.

chelboy   
10 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I don’t see Man U paying that transfer fee though. They have other areas they need to improve on especially a natural striker. Sancho also wants to return to London apparently. It’s risky but I think in terms of the Sancho deal we are pretty comfortable compared to other PL teams. City and Liverpool wont pay that much for him as they already have quality in those areas. It’s team outside PL that could make it tricky. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11932264/hakim-ziyech-chelsea-in-advanced-talks-for-ajax-attacking-midfielder?fbclid=IwAR0grKiAmVjFez3B1TCOkbNySHlR-yGNOtWLNCxifEgO3Bz92OWNucZ0fRI

£38million would be a great deal IMO. Very good player and someone who can help us to create chances and take chances.

I'd still like to see us go after Sancho in the summer still, but I do wonder if we don't end up giving Boga another go instead and use the money elsewhere.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

46 minutes ago, Uber Robben said:

Does everyone think this ends any interest in Sancho? Providing Willy gets a new deal (and no other wingers) we’d have Pulisic, CHO, Willian and Ziyech. Is that enough?

Cannot see us spending 100m+ on Sancho if we buy Ziyech and Willian gets a new deal. We have so many areas that needs improvement, and I would assume we would prioritize a new striker, left back, central defender og possibly a new goalkeeper.

24 assists last seasong for Ziyech, and 21 so far this season. Has goals in him as well, and the price quoted in the media seems more than reasonable in todays market. Really hope this deal go through