• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

Every media outlet seems to be running it. It's going to happen. Pleased with that but little gutted it's not van de beek we're going for. The board probably think we're stacked for quality in CM which is a worry.

15 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Every media outlet seems to be running it. It's going to happen. Pleased with that but little gutted it's not van de beek we're going for. The board probably think we're stacked for quality in CM which is a worry.

VdB is a very interesting player but I reckon he goes to Real. As for CM, I think there could be some movement. I think Barkley will get sold and I am pretty certain Granny will cash in on Kante if we get an offer in excess of £80m. I am also unsure that Jorgi will be here long term, although I think here will be here next season depending on what happens with Kante. As for RLC he is a crock so should really be considered a 0.5 of a player. 

Further, whilst we are stacked in terms of numbers in CM we seriously lack goals and assists, while we are also lightweight. For me, I cannot see SFL, having been the player he was, being happy with CM at all. 

Edited by King Kante

Leo91   

Bruno Fernandes was the obvious buy. But now he's gone. I thought Mount could have been that player for us, and he still could be being only 21, but he needs to work on his end product in the final third. I don't watch enough football nowadays than I used to, to name targets. Are Bayern going to make James Rodríguez or Coutinho permanent ?

Edited by Leo91

Allegri says he has a deal in place with a great British club .

I wouldn't put it past them .

Leo91   

Another goal for Mitro for Fulham. Should be all over him as a #2 for Tammy. 

Ham   
4 hours ago, kratos said:

Lol should have been more specific, a Z player who's good XD

Fair enough 😆

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah - I meant specifically the long list of highly priced sales we could make in order to bring in Ronaldo or whoever.

Zhirkov I always thought was good, if not Ashley Cole good.  Still playing at 36, 5 full caps last year for Russia to make 92.
Not sure why he didn't work out here.

1.  True.  Which is why the loan list has been so long

2.  Not sure.  My impression is that all of them want to play, indeed all need to play and all have international team ambitions where they will be told to more to a club which starts them.
I think Christensen and Zouma would work for us as CB3/4.  But the other two are frankly not good enough to be coming on for the last 30 mins on a regular basis.  Not unless we are a lot less ambitious than we pretend.

3.  When?  RLC has been fit for 3 months it seems to me.  And he was behind Barkley in the pecking order last season for all but a few weeks.  IMO we are never going to see the player some people think we had.

Very good player Zhirkov. Almost too high in quality signing, alongside arguably best LB in the world at the time.

As for why he didn’t work out. I just don’t think Russians travel that well. I would add Turks into the same mix .

Whilst there will be examples of players from both countries having good careers outside their own country. I  feel they often under perform and end up back at Fenerbache , CSKA Moscow 18 months later.

Smertin and Tugay a couple of positive examples, but many more bad examples where the transfer just don’t work out. It’s not just in England either, similar patterns in Spain, Italy in recent years.

Sir   

Has Willian signed a contract extension or have I missed that? (Entirely possible I have) Gab Marcotti seemed pretty certain in himself that Willian has signed a new one? year deal..

Leo91   

Just reading a thread on reddit and Ajax fans are gutted. According to them their best player since Suarez and a bigger loss than De Jong and De Ligt. Been the best player in the league for the past two seasons. Exciting stuff. 

Edited by Leo91
  • Thanks 1