• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

47 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It does make a bit of a mockery of the transfer window. You can basically buy players whenever you want, just can't register them until the next window.

Be interesting if anyone knows how often this has happened in the past, is it something that happens fairly regularly and we are maybe not aware?

You’re forgetting that these aren’t actually “transfer windows” per se but in fact registration windows. All you have to do is look at the Kovacic deal to see the difference.

In other instances of this happening I can name 2 off the top of my head: Cech and Robben. They worked out alright didn’t they?

Regarding the fee, in return for staying an extra year he got a small pay increase in the summer and his buyout (think £25m) was removed with a verbal agreement they would let him go at a reasonable fee. That in turn will allow him to negotiate higher wages so everyone is a winner really. I think there are some quotes from Overmars about it.

Nice to have Africa represented in the squad again, what are the chances of Morocco qualifying for the AFCON?

Exciting to see a new player come, also a new player who looks to be a creative outlet that we desperately need.

Reserving judgement on how I think he will do, partly because I have not see a huge amount of him. I didn't think he was that great against us in the CL, more that he scored great goal that grabbed the headlines, but it was two isolated games so I am not getting too bogged down by that.

His stats are really impressive in terms of assists and goals. Seems to be regarded as Ajax best attacking player over the last couple of years.

Would be interested to know more about his character. I only say that because he looks like he has an edge to his personality and style of play, that can be very good and very challenging.

Can't quite shake this Adel Taarabt feeling about him, but need to give him time to settle and judge him on his merits. Its just exciting to sign a new attacking creative talent and Ziyech on the right with Pulisic/CHO on the left both playing inverted roles and with No10 options does look exciting for the future.

Even I'm impressed. 

Now, if they can do that with him maybe they should be trying to secure Werner and Sancho before "the Greatest team that World ever saw" © beat us to it. 

chara   
2 hours ago, chelboy said:

For sure, Ziyech is a £60M player I would say. If Ajax price their players that low then we should be raiding them for more. 

Once bitten input!!!..... based on absolutely nothing but cynicism ...perhaps the question should be why such a seemingly low figure?

If all views on here are basically correct..which I sincerely hope....then potentially a very good start to the "rebuild"

Better a "considered" purchase than a "headline" one for effect and media fodder.

Ziyech for me is good business at the price but there are question marks over his overall ability and whether he can adapt to the league. As a first step, this is a good one but as we need around 6-7 players, lets see what the other signings look like before we get too excited.

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Even I'm impressed. 

Now, if they can do that with him maybe they should be trying to secure Werner and Sancho before "the Greatest team that World ever saw" © beat us to it. 

Both Werner and Sancho in the same window? I would be happy with just one. Liverpool won’t go for Sancho at that price. 

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Exciting to see a new player come, also a new player who looks to be a creative outlet that we desperately need.

Can't quite shake this Adel Taarabt feeling about him, but need to give him time to settle and judge him on his merits. Its just exciting to sign a new attacking creative talent and Ziyech on the right with Pulisic/CHO on the left both playing inverted roles and with No10 options does look exciting for the future.

Taarabt was never a team player. He had ability but seemed to play football as if he had only 5 players on his team. Barely ever put a shift in. Ziyech runs himself into the ground and has a very good work rate. It’s why I think he would be wasted out wide he needs to roam in the middle and create. 

47 minutes ago, chara said:

Once bitten input!!!..... based on absolutely nothing but cynicism ...perhaps the question should be why such a seemingly low figure?

If all views on here are basically correct..which I sincerely hope....then potentially a very good start to the "rebuild"

Better a "considered" purchase than a "headline" one for effect and media fodder.

The low fee is very odd. It’s as if we are missing something. Who knows maybe he had a agreement with Ajax to leave at a certain price. The fact that no one bought him last season seems odd too. 

14 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Both Werner and Sancho in the same window? I would be happy with just one. Liverpool won’t go for Sancho at that price. 

Taarabt was never a team player. He had ability but seemed to play football as if he had only 5 players on his team. Barely ever put a shift in. Ziyech runs himself into the ground and has a very good work rate. It’s why I think he would be wasted out wide he needs to roam in the middle and create. 

The low fee is very odd. It’s as if we are missing something. Who knows maybe he had a agreement with Ajax to leave at a certain price. The fact that no one bought him last season seems odd too. 

He will be 27 at the end of the season so I suppose that the limited sell-on value could help bring down his price. I'd expect to pay more for a 20-25 year old.

We've needed a left-footed RW for a long time. I don't see any reason to play him at 10, especially given the other players we have.