• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Bison   

So Willian who has been dropped in the last two games (perhaps super Frank has finally realised a winger who doesn't score or assist is utterly pointless?) has been offered a two-year deal?

As if 7 years of Willian wasn't enough we will be subjected to a further two? Possibly THREE if he gets his way?

My goodness, when it rains it really does pour.

39 minutes ago, Bison said:

So Willian who has been dropped in the last two games (perhaps super Frank has finally realised a winger who doesn't score or assist is utterly pointless?) has been offered a two-year deal?

As if 7 years of Willian wasn't enough we will be subjected to a further two? Possibly THREE if he gets his way?

My goodness, when it rains it really does pour.

It does seem like were being kicked when already down !

Bison   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

It does seem like were being kicked when already down !

The club have offered a two-year contract to a winger who regularly goes 2-3 months without scoring or creating a goal.

Why are they rewarding abject failure? 

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

The club have offered a two-year contract to a winger who regularly goes 2-3 months without scoring or creating a goal.

Why are they rewarding abject failure? 

His recovery runs alone should be worth a 3 year deal. More valuable than goals and assists I hear. 

Willian should at the very least stick around as a squad player for next season.

My only concern with Willian is the report about him storming out of training after his Barca move fell through and then there was the supposed leak of information to Jose prior to the Spurs match.

But if Willian stays and accepts a different role readily, would be an excellent squad option.

Leo91   

He also left immediately after the FA Cup win under Conte. Been a good player for us with some great performances littered here and there but time to go. 

7 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Been a good player for us with some great performances littered here and there

Some here and there. 

7 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

but time to go. 

Without question. If the club offers him another contract that's  longer than next season, then they really are idiots.

Bison   
7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Willian should at the very least stick around as a squad player for next season.

Why? That is an honest question so don't take it the wrong way.

My only concern with Willian is the report about him storming out of training after his Barca move fell through and then there was the supposed leak of information to Jose prior to the Spurs match.

So you're not concerned about his actual output? You're not concerned that he hasn't scored or created a goal in more than two months of football? You're more concerned about things that may or may not have happened behind the scenes.

There is no justification for even a one year deal let alone anything more than that

But if Willian stays and accepts a different role readily, would be an excellent squad option.

If the club were seious about competing at the highest level again he would be let go in the summer. But the fact they're offering him a two year deal means they're more than happy being mediocre. No top club rewards abject failure with a two year contract and likely salary bump.

Edited by Bison

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Bison said:

If the club were seious about competing at the highest level again he would be let go in the summer. But the fact they're offering him a two year deal means they're more than happy being mediocre. No top club rewards abject failure with a two year contract and likely salary bump.

We're not going to get to that level in one window, even with brilliant recruitment, and it would be stupid to try. What is the aim next season? To become 3rd best team in England, and close the gap to the top 2? Then go again the year after etc. 

One of our big problems this season is lack of depth and options in attack. Willian as 4th choice winger next season makes sense to me, and I have no issue with that. You would assume  Pulisic, CHO and Ziyech are going to the first choice picks. 

To get to the "top" is going to require probably 7 or 8 really good players, and that is unrealistic in one window.so focus on key areas; another CF, a top class CB, maybe a left back and a centre midfielder.

Edit - probably a GK too. 

Edited by paulw66

Bison   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We're not going to get to that level in one window, even with brilliant recruitment, and it would be stupid to try. What is the aim next season? To become 3rd best team in England, and close the gap to the top 2? Then go again the year after etc. 

One of our big problems this season is lack of depth and options in attack. Willian as 4th choice winger next season makes sense to me, and I have no issue with that. You would assume  Pulisic, CHO and Ziyech are going to the first choice picks. 

To get to the "top" is going to require probably 7 or 8 really good players, and that is unrealistic in one window.so focus on key areas; another CF, a top class CB, maybe a left back and a centre midfielder.

Lack of depth is a huge problem but a lack of genuine final third quality is by far our single biggest issue.

Ziyech isn't a winger, so as far as I'm concerned we need two more goal scoring / creative wide players.

We can't go another season with attacking players who play 40+ games a season scoring 5 goals . It is setting us up failure.