• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

Ajax still play with the Cruyff ideal of interchanging players. Their front 4 vs us at home in the CL was as follows

Tadic

Promes Ziyech Neres

From memory Tadic can drop deep and then allow Promes or Neres to run in behind and then Ziyech can go wide. Very fluid.

Leo91   

How did we not sign Aubameyang FFS when loaning them Batshuayi 

23 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

How did we not sign Aubameyang FFS when loaning them Batshuayi 

Because Conte's scout refused to go anywhere other than Italy, France and Spain. 

19 hours ago, Bison said:

So you're not concerned about his actual output? You're not concerned that he hasn't scored or created a goal in more than two months of football? You're more concerned about things that may or may not have happened behind the scenes.

There is no justification for even a one year deal let alone anything more than that

Willian is a good player. He is inconsistent - I agree - but you can't say that he isn't a solid option to have in the squad at least.

He can give us another year or two and will definitely be cheaper than throwing away 50 or 60 million for a replacement squad option.

The club has to invest wisely this summer. We have pressing needs. LB, CB, GK, CM, RW, CF. We are talking about half a billion dollars in investment.

Getting rid of Pedro and Willian simultaneously is going to mean that we need another high quality forward AS WELL AS another backup option.

I would keep Willian as part of the squad with Ziyech as well as Pulisic and then add 1 real quality player in there as well.

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

He can give us another year or two and will definitely be cheaper than throwing away 50 or 60 million for a replacement squad option.

Except that he isn't interested in signing for another 1 or 2 years - he wants a 3 year deal (he's said so himself). 

Leo91   

Was going to suggest Mertens as his contract ends in the summer but he wants three years as well!

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Willian is a good player. He is inconsistent - I agree - but you can't say that he isn't a solid option to have in the squad at least.

The club has to invest wisely this summer. We have pressing needs. LB, CB, GK, CM, RW, CF. We are talking about half a billion dollars in investment.

Getting rid of Pedro and Willian simultaneously is going to mean that we need another high quality forward AS WELL AS another backup option.

I would keep Willian as part of the squad with Ziyech as well as Pulisic and then add 1 real quality player in there as well.

Maybe they might sign a cheaper replacement like Boga who has a buy bay clause that will leave us with 4 wide men that’s enough Boga pulisic odoi Ziyech 

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Except that he isn't interested in signing for another 1 or 2 years - he wants a 3 year deal (he's said so himself). 

If I was arguing that I wanted £150k a week for 2 years instead of a  £100k offered, and was asked about my contract, that is exactly what I would say.
Players, agents and clubs, don't tell the truth over contract details, nor should they.
All we can say is that talks continue.

Ham   

I see that Newcastle have actually banned handshakes or physical contact due to coronavirus.

If these safeguards extend to the pitch for all PL teams, we should get Morata back. 

Bison   
11 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Our lack of quality in the final third is by far the biggest problem. Nothing else compares. We don't create nearly enough good goalscoring opportunities and when we do nobody is capable of taking them on a consistent basis. There is a distinct lack of technical skill, pace and finishing ability at RW, LW & CF (especially when compared to other top clubs we're supposedly trying to compete with).

I would go all out trying to improve these areas first and then work my way backwards.

I can enjoy a season in which we're good going forward and rubbish at the back. I can't stomach another season of watching rubbish like Willian, Pulisic, Batshuayi etc go weeks and months without scoring or creating a single goal.

Edited by Bison