• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Ham said:

You've clearly not heard what he's been saying. We're not negotiating between 2 and 3 years. 

He's looking for a graceful exit.

If we'd started off with an offer of 3 years I'd imagine he'd be insisting on 4. 

The only exit he is looking for is an exit from the question.

I wonder what people think interviews are for.  

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The only exit he is looking for is an exit from the question.

I wonder what people think interviews are for.  

If he wants a 3 year deal and the club has dug its heals in for a 1 or 2 years contract, then what?

chara   

Willian is not a three more years player...two is stretching it but as a loyalty reward just about ok. Practical contract would be one year and review after completion.

Mt's question?.....never in this game is the player ultimately bigger than the club...... any club,

I get the feeling Willian wants to leave and is using the length of contract as a way out.

Youd have to be really, really stupid to expect this club to give you a three year contract at his age. he's been around long enough to know how we work. he's asking for the impossible and then using it as in excuse. Poor from him really.

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I get the feeling Willian wants to leave and is using the length of contract as a way out.

Youd have to be really, really stupid to expect this club to give you a three year contract at his age. he's been around long enough to know how we work. he's asking for the impossible and then using it as in excuse. Poor from him really.

I think you are probably right. I have had the feeling most of this season that he wants to move on, he has still put the effort in and not downed tools on us, but just the vibe coming off him is that he wants a new challenge from next season. I think he would still do a great job as a squad player for the next 2 seasons, but he must know himself that we will be targeting other players in his position and competition is going to get tougher from next season.

Personally, I would like him to stay, but I have no problem if he wants to move on. He has given us 6-7 years of great service.

9 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think you are probably right. I have had the feeling most of this season that he wants to move on, he has still put the effort in and not downed tools on us, but just the vibe coming off him is that he wants a new challenge from next season. I think he would still do a great job as a squad player for the next 2 seasons, but he must know himself that we will be targeting other players in his position and competition is going to get tougher from next season.

Personally, I would like him to stay, but I have no problem if he wants to move on. He has given us 6-7 years of great service.

Hopefully Jose and Daniel will offer him a lengthy contract

good servant, however he and the club need to move on

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

It would be mad for the club not to offer him another year.

It would also be mad to offer longer than a year IMO.

There is the impasse........I can't believe for a second he would turn down 2 years if that was on the table and he wanted to stay. 

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

If he wants a 3 year deal and the club has dug its heals in for a 1 or 2 years contract, then what?

Then they talk.  And we don't know what will happen.  I have no problem with the claim that we don't know what is going on at all.  And no problem with people making admitted guesses.
I have all kinds of problems with people who claim they know precisely what is going on here and base it on a meaningless tweet of his wife and kids in a lift.

paulw66   
51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Then they talk.  And we don't know what will happen.  I have no problem with the claim that we don't know what is going on at all.  And no problem with people making admitted guesses.
I have all kinds of problems with people who claim they know precisely what is going on here and base it on a meaningless tweet of his wife and kids in a lift.

It is amazing how the nonsnese that comes out of social media gets people's instant buy in as fact. 

99% of football rumours these days are utter fabrication. 

• Like 1