• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Ham said:

From where we left off?  We had an awful injury list. We were decimated.

Pulisic and RLC mainly. Pulisic was in fantastic form when he got injured.  I genuinely believe he's going to be a serious impact player.  

If RLC can finally shake the injuries then he's a class player and another potential game changer.  

It seems to me we over estimate the importance of others teams' players whilst playing down the level of some of ours.  

Last paragraph, depends who the 'we' is you're talking about. I think Kane is more important to Tottenham, and Rashford more important to United, than any one of our individual players is to us. Last season I'd have said differently, because then we very clearly had a player whose absence we couldn't paper over.

That isn't the same as thinking our players aren't as good or that our team overall isn't as good. We have a lot of up-and-coming and past-their-best individuals. The downside of that is we don't have many Rashfords or Kanes, players who have a good few years of making a difference in the PL in the tank. The upside is I think individual absences hurt us less; lots of players of similar current standing to pick from the squad*.

I don't hold (at least the current or most recently seen) Pulisic or Loftus-Cheek in the same regard you do, but that's just difference of opinion.

(*Kante is the exception of course in being the one absolutely clear elite player in our squad, but I can't shake the feeling this whole season will be a write-off for him.)

Ham   
5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Last paragraph, depends who the 'we' is you're talking about. I think Kane is more important to Tottenham, and Rashford more important to United, than any one of our individual players is to us. Last season I'd have said differently, because then we very clearly had a player whose absence we couldn't paper over.

That isn't the same as thinking our players aren't as good or that our team overall isn't as good. We have a lot of up-and-coming and past-their-best individuals. The downside of that is we don't have many Rashfords or Kanes, players who have a good few years of making a difference in the PL in the tank. The upside is I think individual absences hurt us less; lots of players of similar current standing to pick from the squad*.

I don't hold (at least the current or most recently seen) Pulisic or Loftus-Cheek in the same regard you do, but that's just difference of opinion.

(*Kante is the exception of course in being the one absolutely clear elite player in our squad, but I can't shake the feeling this whole season will be a write-off for him.)

Like you say, all about opinions although I've never really rated Rashford. Not an elite premier league striker for me.  I wouldn't have mentioned his name in the same breath as Kane. 

Sciatika   

I have been watching a lot of old games. I have always rated Kane as decent but not outstanding. Watching these games, it seemed obvious that Kane wasn't as brilliant as being made out maybe because of the England connection. But these were old games from when he first broke into the Spurs side. The 24-year old Kane of 2018 is a far better player than the 22-year old Kane of 2016. Maybe my opinion of Kane is a consequence of my opinion of him when he was very young.

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, Ham said:

You seem more interested in this news than the Willy extension news Jane 🤔

There's no answer to that Mr. Ham and I think you might be being rude but, if not, that hasn't been resolved yet has it?

43 minutes ago, JaneB said:

There's no answer to that Mr. Ham and I think you might be being rude but, if not, that hasn't been resolved yet has it?

Willy Caballero also extended yesterday, willy-an is unresolved.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Willy Caballero also extended yesterday, willy-an is unresolved.

Willian is an interesting one. He has admitted that he turned down a two year contract and is now quickly heading for out of contract. Can't imagine any offers he gets will beat that offer just a couple of months ago. 

Sciatika   

The offer may not have changed but the context has, I suppose.

bert19   
On 5/21/2020 at 1:21 AM, King Kante said:

Willian is an interesting one. He has admitted that he turned down a two year contract and is now quickly heading for out of contract. Can't imagine any offers he gets will beat that offer just a couple of months ago. 

I’m fully expecting the news that he’s signed for Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool on July 1st. 

I think he’s had his move lined up for a while the 3 year deal stuff has been his way of justifying the reasons that he and the club haven’t come to terms.