• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

bert19   
6 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

Same. I think one reason is the sale of Morata and the (relatively) reasonable fee for Werner (if/when it's formally confirmed).

Well, whilst we might not get the fees we would have hoped for, if we got rid of at least some of the following: 

Batshuayi 

Emerson 

Pedro (I wouldn't be upset if he got another year as a squad option, fantastic pro, great workrate) 

Willian 

Kenedy 

Pasalic (already gone/going) 

Bakayoko 

Rahman 

Zappacosta

Miazga

Drinkwater

Moses

Piazon 

Izzy Brown 

You'd figure that would generate some funds as well as freeing up a decent amount of whatever the wage budget is.  

6 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Am I the only one who would like a half decent keeper.... Sigh....

I completely agree. I keep seeing people ask for a centre half but for me a new keeper is the quickest way for us to improve. Kepa has the worst save % in the league. Even an average keeper keeping out a handful of extra goals this season would probably see us in 3rd and comfortably qualifying for the Champion's League.

Unofrtunately, I think Kepa's fee could well prevent that from happening though. The club can't realistically accept a £50m+ loss on him already. Maybe if Frank is adamant he wants to get rid, there's a chance he goes out on loan?

I think Ziyech, Werner, Chilwell and Onana would be an amazing window and would be enough for us to compete next season. We wouldn't win the league but we'd be bloomin' good and fun to watch again!

paulw66   
26 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Sigh?

The window hasn't even opened yet.

• Like 1

Ham   

I thought Kepa was improving in recent months and so I'd be willing to give him another chance and I've been a fierce critic of his in the past. 

1 hour ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

Same. I think one reason is the sale of Morata and the (relatively) reasonable fee for Werner (if/when it's formally confirmed).

People still taking the £49m for Morata as somehow confirmed then?  Sounds unlikely to me.  And for some reason the sales revenue was hidden in our 18/19 accounts.

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Well, whilst we might not get the fees we would have hoped for, if we got rid of at least some of the following: 

Batshuayi 

Emerson 

Pedro (I wouldn't be upset if he got another year as a squad option, fantastic pro, great workrate) 

Willian 

Kenedy 

Pasalic (already gone/going) 

Bakayoko 

Rahman 

Zappacosta

Miazga

Drinkwater

Moses

Piazon 

Izzy Brown 

You'd figure that would generate some funds as well as freeing up a decent amount of whatever the wage budget is.  

Had we been given a half decent offer for any of those over the past 2 years, we'd have snatched at it.  We certainly won't get much of an offer now.

57 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I completely agree. I keep seeing people ask for a centre half but for me a new keeper is the quickest way for us to improve. Kepa has the worst save % in the league. Even an average keeper keeping out a handful of extra goals this season would probably see us in 3rd and comfortably qualifying for the Champion's League.

Unofrtunately, I think Kepa's fee could well prevent that from happening though. The club can't realistically accept a £50m+ loss on him already. Maybe if Frank is adamant he wants to get rid, there's a chance he goes out on loan?

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

I thought Kepa was improving in recent months and so I'd be willing to give him another chance and I've been a fierce critic of his in the past. 

Me too, and I have never thought he deserved much criticism.
Dropped for 5 games, game back in good form.  End of issue IMO.

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I completely agree. I keep seeing people ask for a centre half but for me a new keeper is the quickest way for us to improve....

.... and Onana would be an amazing window!

Regarding Onana, I would have serious reservations about having a number 1 keeper that would be going to the Afcon for up to six weeks every two years. And right in the most challenging period of Xmas to February. With outfield positions you are likely to have somebody to fill in, but this would mean having a second choice good enough to fill in for the most vital part of the season.

bert19   
45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Had we been given a half decent offer for any of those over the past 2 years, we'd have snatched at it.  We certainly won't get much of an offer now.

Me too, and I have never thought he deserved much criticism.
Dropped for 5 games, game back in good form.  End of issue IMO.

I think it's more a case that we know they're surplus/not good enough now, so just getting rid might be the best option.  

Re: Kepa, wasn't there some mention of a break up with long-term GF, she moved back to Spain and such? Heavy personal problems could well have taken a toll on him.  Seemed like a few weeks out of the spotlight had done him some good.  

And regarding Morata, I'm sure it was mentioned that Atletico had contacted the club to try to negotiate the obligation to buy fee down and the club said no, the full price would have to be paid.  I suspect that Atleti have Morata himself to thank for that given his public comments about "always wanting to be there" etc etc 

3 hours ago, Liquidator said:

No you are not. Replacing Kepa with a good GK is now the biggest bang to buck we can get in terms of upgrade. The problem however is that some loon at the club thought it would be a great idea to spunk £72m plus £175-190k a week for seven years on a funsized GK with t-rex arms. Therefore, we are now pretty much in the situation of having to have a crap GK for years or have the worlds most expensive GK2 or loaned out GK. 

The only hope we have (and I say this has about 0.5% chance of happening) is that Atelti cannot pony up for Morata so we take Oblak off their hands and send them Kepa. However, I doubt they smoke enough crack to go for it as it involves Kepa still being paid as one of the top 5 GK's in the world. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

People still taking the £49m for Morata as somehow confirmed then?  Sounds unlikely to me.  And for some reason the sales revenue was hidden in our 18/19 accounts.

Well that's it then guys. Despite there being numerous reports about it, even very recently, it seems very unlikely to Droy so the deal is off. I hope we kept the receipt for Werner.

#WelcomeBackAlvaro

If it was an obligation to buy when they took him on loan (as widely reported) then a) then have no choice but to pay it regardless of his form, covid-19 or anything else b) they wouldn't pay it until this summer when the deal became permanent so it wouldn't have been in previous years financials. Hope that helps.

Any one link me to instructions on hiding certain posters replies?

• Like 1

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Every time we buy a player, you say the real amount is X amount more than reported, and whenever we sell, you say it is Y amount for less than reported

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1