• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Especially since low energy prices are here to stay, perhaps even lower ones.

Doubt it.

It easier to limit the supply.

Below $50 a barrel for crude for some countries " including some of the opex countries" is the bottom line for profit and stability of the countries economy.

Just a thought,  Batshuayi moves into the final year of his contract next season, so we really need to try and offload him this summer if we want to make any kind of money back on him, if not then I wouldn't be surprised to see a new contract and loan for next season as I can't see the club letting him go for free in a years time.

If he goes and for how much, who knows - the market isn't great for most clubs, so I can't see many coming in with an offer the club deem acceptable. This is a likely scenario for a lot of our players we've all been thinking we'll sell on I would guess, eg:

- Emerson
- Bakayoko
- Zappacosta (also recovering from bad injury)
- Kenedy

Did the new rules for loans ever come in? Limiting each club to 8? If so, we could end up with quite a few surplus players knocking around the club next season.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Just a thought,  Batshuayi moves into the final year of his contract next season, so we really need to try and offload him this summer if we want to make any kind of money back on him, if not then I wouldn't be surprised to see a new contract and loan for next season as I can't see the club letting him go for free in a years time.

Interesting.
Trouble is there is no settled market price for players now.  You'd have as much chance of reaching agreement on what the player should get for a 3 year contract as finding a buyer and seller of a London flat who can agree on price.
With no real idea whether the recovery is going to be V shaped for football or L shaped all kinds of deals are going to be tricky.
Indeed the only deal I know of, Werner, is essentially us paying buyout fee + a completely unknown premium to him and his agent. 

Of your 5, the only one with any potential upside is Bakayoko, because he did have a reputation at Monaco (first time around) but it is not a bet I would want to take.  I still see him as a lower half PL CB, not  midfielder.

56 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Interesting.
Trouble is there is no settled market price for players now.  You'd have as much chance of reaching agreement on what the player should get for a 3 year contract as finding a buyer and seller of a London flat who can agree on price.
With no real idea whether the recovery is going to be V shaped for football or L shaped all kinds of deals are going to be tricky.
Indeed the only deal I know of, Werner, is essentially us paying buyout fee + a completely unknown premium to him and his agent. 

Of your 5, the only one with any potential upside is Bakayoko, because he did have a reputation at Monaco (first time around) but it is not a bet I would want to take.  I still see him as a lower half PL CB, not  midfielder.

Yeah, this is the issue so many clubs will face this summer, so many unknowns in terms of what the market actually looks like. It's quite possible le we may find ourselves perched back on top of the transfer market food chain.

Contracts could be the real issue though, with clubs unwilling/unable to spend as much as they have in the last 4/5 years, players may find that 'next big contract' hard to win.

Who knows, it could take on a V-shaped recovery as you mention, but I'd suggest we'll have stayed ahead of the curve of most teams and will set ourselves slightly ahead of many in this next window, which I expect to be a quiet one even with an extended deadline.

Problem is, the 2 summer windows after this one will have International Tournaments taking place (Euros then the World Cup) when it's always a little trickier to get deals done.

Football transfer bubble about to burst? Maybe.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Who knows, it could take on a V-shaped recovery as you mention,

Personally I think the choice is between a hand-written curly L  image.png.9ef01fdbe7200b1bc8ffd529e6d94336.png dead cat and a standard capital L flat line.
Especially football which is a) at a peak, b) doubly dependent on advertising from sponsors and via the TV stations, c) highly geared to consumer spending, and d) vulnerable to 2m/1m rules, e) deadly boring without the crowds, f) stuck with existing contracts it can't break easily.
But if RA wants us to be champions of a new poorer version of the game, that is fine by me.

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Football transfer bubble about to burst? Maybe.

Probably.

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Problem is, the 2 summer windows after this one will have International Tournaments taking place (Euros then the World Cup) when it's always a little trickier to get deals done.

I think when you have the top money you are the club players and agents want to talk with first, and you can get your deals done in Feb/march without having to worry about other clubs and contingent deals.  It is when you are snipping around for bargains, who in turn are dependent on their club bringing in their targets, that time becomes an issue.

paulw66   
On 21/06/2020 at 8:43 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

If he goes and for how much, who knows - the market isn't great for most clubs, so I can't see many coming in with an offer the club deem acceptable. This is a likely scenario for a lot of our players we've all been thinking we'll sell on I would guess, eg:

- Emerson
- Bakayoko
- Zappacosta (also recovering from bad injury)
- Kenedy

Did the new rules for loans ever come in? Limiting each club to 8? If so, we could end up with quite a few surplus players knocking around the club next season.

I think it is 8 over 21s

I iamgine that might get scrapped if clubs are bust and everyone relying on loans for a year or two 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think it is 8 over 21s

I iamgine that might get scrapped if clubs are bust and everyone relying on loans for a year or two 

The restriction is 8 players 22 or over can be loaned internationally. That still leaves a lot of room for players to be loaned within the UK. The international loans will probably be saved for the big money flops rather than used to send players to Vittesse 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I think it is 8 over 21s

4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The restriction is 8 players 22 or over can be loaned internationally. That still leaves a lot of room for players to be loaned within the UK. The international loans will probably be saved for the big money flops rather than used to send players to Vittesse 

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying - slightly less of a concern then, I make it 10 players that are 22 or over that are currently loaned abroad.

Rahman
Zappacosta
Bakayoko
Nathan
Pantic
Kenedy
Moses
Pasalic
Musonda
Piazon

Pasalic obviously leaving permanently to Atalanta, which means one more we need to change from that list - lets hope its the sale of Bakayoko

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying - slightly less of a concern then, I make it 10 players that are 22 or over that are currently loaned abroad.

Rahman
Zappacosta
Bakayoko
Nathan
Pantic
Kenedy
Moses
Pasalic
Musonda
Piazon

Pasalic obviously leaving permanently to Atalanta, which means one more we need to change from that list - lets hope its the sale of Bakayoko

Useful list.  I'd hope two or three others are off.  While van Ginkel would suit a foreign loan (or a UK one).  And Bats will be loaned or sold I'm sure.
 I suspect there will be sell with buyback terms alternatives to loans which will get around the rules.
Or as Paul says, scrapped along with FFP.

23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Just been confirmed - https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/22/pasalic-joins-atalanta-permanently?cardIndex=0-3

I think Rahman is out of contract in the summer too