• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, Ham said:

So Leverkeusen have missed out on CL football next season 😁

Wilkommen Kai. 

Could still do with a commanding centre back, though. One that can organise a defence.

bert19   
13 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Could still do with a commanding centre back, though. One that can organise a defence.

Quite. Feels like they are rarer than rocking horse turds at the moment though. Unfortunately.

I have to say I’m loving this rumour of us being interested in David Alaba for the Left back role though. Fabulous player with plenty of experience and know-how. Been highly effective at Centre back this year too. 

Commanding CB, a true organiser, is really what we need, I think without that we will continue to struggle to close the gap on Liverpool and City.

Who that player is, I have no idea, as @bert19 says, not many of them around at the moment. We're constantly linked with Rice from West Ham, recent reports suggesting Lampard wants him as a CB... not convinced he's the answer though. Koulibaly seems like a good option, but for the money they'd try and get out of us, I just don't see it happening and age just isn't on his side for the fees we'd be looking at. Thiago Silva will be knocking about on a free, could possibly do a job for a season, but not really convinced he'd be able to do it at the highest level of the PL anymore. Milan Skriniar could be worth a look at it, but he still has some question marks. Alaba is a great player, not sure he'd be the CB we need though, to be honest, I think he'd end up coming in as a LB if we did sign him.

In terms of our current CBs, they're all decent, but none of amazing. Christensen had a great performance against City, but he needs to do that consistently. Rudiger shouts a lot but is a bit erratic. Zouma is big and strong but technically questionable. Tomori, great prospect but still very raw.

JaneB   
43 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sounds unlikely to me.  If we want a promising young CB we could just play Tomori more.

But is sounds a great wind up of West Ham fans  when you get relegated Frankie Lampard is going to scoop up your best player for peanuts - just like we did with Joe Cole and Glen Johnson back in 2003. Thanks for giving him the practice games.

Kezza   

If Havertz come and I hope he does that's probably the end of RLC and Barkley. I can't stand seeing Barkley come on or play a game. His overall play is just not good enough. Against Leicester a couple of lack of composure scenarios. Same goes to RLC. Been here a long time but hasnt shown an ability to impact a game. Havertz is all what we are expecting RLC should be in all honesty. 

Edited by Kezza

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

If Havertz come and I hope he does that's probably the end of RLC and Barkley. I can't stand seeing Barkley come on or play a game. His overall play is just not good enough. Against Leicester a couple of lack of composure scenarios. Same goes to RLC. Been here a long time but hasnt shown an ability to impact a game. Havertz is all what we are expecting RLC should be in all honesty. 

Havertz is only 20. Should the club buy him I doubt he will be flogged to death playing twice a week whenever Europe kicks in.

Although I hate to admit it there are times when a more mature team is required for certain match to follow specific instructions e.g. "Team which played Chity"

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
should have got to specsavers

Ham   

Victor Moses is frustrating Lukaku.... 👀

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I don't see one player coming in means the end of two, particularly when both are home grown, and RLC is Club trained for Euro purposes. 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Victor Moses is frustrating Lukaku.... 👀

We know how he feels. Feel a little for Moses here though as 5 minutes earlier he laid on the winner (just not for Lukaku)