• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

Again, apologies if in the wrong place.......but the Arthur / Pjanic swap is made all the stranger due to the ages of the players, and the current state of the Barca squad....

Pique 33, Rakatic 32, Suarez 33, Messi 33, Griezmann 29, Alba 31, Vidal 33, Busquests 31 (32 next month)

8 top players that will need replacing in the relative short - mid term 

bert19   
50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I have no problem with a CF demanding the ball and wanting to score. 

it is when they start hiding out on the wing, and not getting into position is when you want to worry. 

This is known as 'Fernando Torres Syndrome' 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

This is known as 'Fernando Torres Syndrome' 

Just who I was thinking of! 

52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Again, apologies if in the wrong place.......but the Arthur / Pjanic swap is made all the stranger due to the ages of the players, and the current state of the Barca squad....

Pique 33, Rakatic 32, Suarez 33, Messi 33, Griezmann 29, Alba 31, Vidal 33, Busquests 31 (32 next month)

Apparently Arthur isn't the most professional or easiest player to work with ... Who knows if that's true or fair, but I've heard it in a few places.

paulw66   
Just now, thevelourfog said:

Apparently Arthur isn't the most professional or easiest player to work with ... Who knows if that's true or fair, but I've heard it in a few places.

Maybe so, but you would surely look to find a replacement who was younger than Pjanic?

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

He was great in Eastenders when he, stole the Xmas club money 

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Having said that, am I the only one who has noticed this big time about Tammy since the restart? I'm not sure if I just missed it before or things were simply going better for him early in the season, but every time we go forward and he doesn't get the ball he's screaming, throwing his arms around etc. I find it very unlikeable.

I wondered if he's feeling frustrated or the pressure with his goals drying up a bit and the spectre of Werner looming over him for next season...

Well compared to the start of the season he is getting the ball much much less, so I doubt it is a change in him.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I have no problem with a CF demanding the ball and wanting to score. 

JFH

41 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

He starts about half Barca's games, so I guess not that key a player either.

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He was great in Eastenders when he, stole the Xmas club money 

You've really hit the ground running since lockdown, Mark. 

JaneB   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I think there is a need for a new thread to discuss all things European so am going to start one.

Ham   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Christ.  I hadn't realised just how dire their squad planning/future proofing has been.