• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Rob B   
31 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Our attack is painfully slow at the moment. Hardly the forwards have space to run into behind the defensive line of the opposition. When you have players like Willian and Barkley who does not know to release a quick through ball you end up with opposing defenders packing the box every time. Worryingly this is how Werner wants to play and I worry our players will never release him into space behind the defenders.

Totally agree with this. I was screaming at the TV last night because of how many touches Kova, Barkley, Willian and Kante were taking.  We played right into West Ham’s hands who had plenty of time to get players into position and close space. 

And I also agree with DWMH’s comment above that Gilmour, Jorginho and Mount are among the best in the squad at keeping the ball moving quickly 

Team to face Watford is going to be interesting. At least the fans and players won’t have long to dwell on last night..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get me a decent commanding goalie.......Please.... We will not win squat with Kepa twixt the sticks ...I honestly believe this... Never once do I think he's going to make a match winning save as the last line of (our admittedly poor ) defense ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liquidator said:

Just get me a decent commanding goalie.......Please.... We will not win squat with Kepa twixt the sticks ...I honestly believe this... Never once do I think he's going to make a match winning save as the last line of (our admittedly poor ) defense ...

A commanding GK, a commanding central defender, and a left back would help this team immensely.

I saw Lewis Dunk mentioned earlier this year and I wouldnt be completely against a signing like that... Conor Coady as well. I just think the backline needs some players with voice and character.

Alonso, Kepa and Christensen seem like quiet guys, and Rudiger looks like a guy who is struggling to properly assess situations. Zouma is a decent player no doubt but he doesnt feature prominently enough and he doesnt seem like a leader either IMO.

The leadership we got from Cech, Terry, Lampard, and Drogba really was priceless.

Andre Onana, Ben Chillwell would be my first choices for GK and LB respectively.

I really dont want to see the club splashing on the likes of Kai Havertz or Jadon Sancho until investment is made in the defensive department.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
14 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

A commanding GK, a commanding central defender, and a left back would help this team immensely.

I saw Lewis Dunk mentioned earlier this year and I wouldnt be completely against a signing like that... Conor Coady as well. I just think the backline needs some players with voice and character.

Alonso, Kepa and Christensen seem like quiet guys, and Rudiger looks like a guy who is struggling to properly assess situations. Zouma is a decent player no doubt but he doesnt feature prominently enough and he doesnt seem like a leader either IMO.

The leadership we got from Cech, Terry, Lampard, and Drogba really was priceless.

Andre Onana, Ben Chillwell would be my first choices for GK and LB respectively.

I really dont want to see the club splashing on the likes of Kai Havertz or Jadon Sancho until investment is made in the defensive department.

I agree with all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

I said in January Lewis Dunk would be a good signing. Very underrated player. He is basically Cahill in 2012 but with better skills on the ball and is a proper leader. In the PL he is the best commanding CB available at a good price. He gives us a commanding presence and leadership at the back. I think he is better than everyone of our defenders. This idea of waiting for an elite CB  is too difficult. There is no guarantee one will come through and also no guarantee we will sign him. CB market is the most in demand. We can’t go into next season with the same defenders.

Rice deal can work because we have players that could interest WH and I reckon he wants out. Having Rice and Dunk in the team and suddenly  our spine starts to look different already. A commanding CB and CDM with height and presence brings a better balance for the team. Not to mention both are pretty good on the ball. I was against signing Rice but I think the CDM position needs a fix next season if we want to be playing with two no’8s. We haven’t bought a genuine CDM since Matic left. Dunk, Rice and Taglifico would be more impactful than Werner Ziyech and Havertz. We can’t be asking our attackers to score 3 goals every game to win a match. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
31 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I said in January Lewis Dunk would be a good signing. Very underrated player. He is basically Cahill in 2012 but with better skills on the ball and is a proper leader. In the PL he is the best commanding CB available at a good price. He gives us a commanding presence and leadership at the back. I think he is better than everyone of our defenders. This idea of waiting for an elite CB  is too difficult. There is no guarantee one will come through and also no guarantee we will sign him. CB market is the most in demand. We can’t go into next season with the same defenders.

Rice deal can work because we have players that could interest WH and I reckon he wants out. Having Rice and Dunk in the team and suddenly  our spine starts to look different already. A commanding CB and CDM with height and presence brings a better balance for the team. Not to mention both are pretty good on the ball. I was against signing Rice but I think the CDM position needs a fix next season if we want to be playing with two no’8s. We haven’t bought a genuine CDM since Matic left. Dunk, Rice and Taglifico would be more impactful than Werner Ziyech and Havertz. We can’t be asking our attackers to score 3 goals every game to win a match. 

 

Plus Dunk is a Chelsea fan and Rice might be (as he came from our academy) 

I can't decide whether Mings at Villa is any good individually because of how bad the players around him are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

would also add at this stage, I am not sure how much of this is the individuals, and how much is the way we are set up and what we are doing in training

Last year we conceded 39 goals. We are currently at 44 with 6 games left. you're not going to tell me this is all down to Luiz going?

there are plenty of teams in the PL who on paper have inferior defenders to ours, but are nowhere near as poor at defending collectively. as someone else mentioned in the WH thread, the sum our parts is weaker than the individuals. 

I am fairly certain if someone was playing for Southampton or Everton who was Zouma's standard, he'd be put forward as a good signing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now