• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Monello   

I absolutely adore Mata both as a player and a person (not that I've ever met him personally), but this whole "the manager's not using Mata properly" view is eerily similar to the one Torres-apologists have been using to defend Torres. This isn't Torres FC nor Mata FC. What matters is how the 11 men on the pitch perform. If our supposedly best player is marginalized so that others can play better, it's something we must do.

Edited by Monello

crux   

Mata is going to score against us next season and that will cue all the same talk again next season. I really don't see how this deal is going to end well for us - especially when there could be countless other teams out there interested in him.

Jay Seal   

Trying to find something positive......

You find Liverpool fans liking us positive?

The positives are that we will never be offered as much again, we will use the money on someone who will have a greater impact on the first team and in the short term we are strengthening a team who have to play all our actual rivals for this season again.

The negatives are obvious as well but maximising the income from his sale maximises our ability to get us toward our own objectives with team and squad make up. I think if Mourinho can build what he wants we have a decent chance of being one of the frontrunners for the CL every year again and we don't have the money to do that at the moment.

Edited by Jay Seal

Jessie   

You find Liverpool fans liking us positive?

The positives are that we will never be offered as much again, we will use the money on someone who will have a greater impact on the first team and in the short term we are strengthening a team who have to play all our actual rivals for this season again.

The negatives are obvious as well but maximising the income from his sale maximises our ability to get us toward our own objectives with teama nd squad make up. I think if Mourinho can build what he wants we have a decent chance of being one of the frontrunners for the CL every year again.

Sarcasm.

We made a profit on Sturridge. It means very little when you strengthen your rival.

Edited by Jessie

If we want to sell Mata which in itself is baffling considering how we won the Champions League followed by the Europa league with him. Without him we probably wouldn't even he in the CL this season. But if we want to seek Mata to United it'd be as stupid ,if not more, as selling Sturridge to Liverpool and Robben. Do not sell him to United! Sell him to Barca, both Madrids, Bayern, Dortmund, Both Milans, Napoli, Juventus, Roma but not an EPL team that are our direct rivals! Are we arsenal?

Sir   

Chelsea TV confirmed that the entire squad trained today with only Torres and Van Ginkel missing out.

Of course he did. DM just stirring like usual. They waited to see the best shot (I.e. the one with the most amount of players without Mata)and used it. That was probably the photographers objective for today.

0liver   

I absolutely adore Mata both as a player and a person (not that I've ever met him personally), but this whole "the manager's not using Mata properly" view is eerily similar to the one Torres-apologists have been using to defend Torres. This isn't Torres FC nor Mata FC. What matters is how the 11 men on the pitch perform. If our supposedly best player is marginalized so that others can play better, it's something we must do.

Torres hasn't been our best player for 2 seasons running.

Systems come and go, managers come and go, quality players remain. I'm sure not long will be gone before we are crying out for a player like Mata again.