• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Plus Dunk is a Chelsea fan and Rice might be (as he came from our academy) 

I can't decide whether Mings at Villa is any good individually because of how bad the players around him are.  

He always looks OK to me but the rest of the team are a shambles

chelboy   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

would also add at this stage, I am not sure how much of this is the individuals, and how much is the way we are set up and what we are doing in training

Last year we conceded 39 goals. We are currently at 44 with 6 games left. you're not going to tell me this is all down to Luiz going?

there are plenty of teams in the PL who on paper have inferior defenders to ours, but are nowhere near as poor at defending collectively. as someone else mentioned in the WH thread, the sum our parts is weaker than the individuals. 

I am fairly certain if someone was playing for Southampton or Everton who was Zouma's standard, he'd be put forward as a good signing.  

But Zouma wouldn’t come under as a commanding CB. It depends what you are looking for. If we chase defenders who aren’t vocal or commanding then what is the point? We are just signing another Rudiger or Christensen then.  I don’t think it’s coincidence defenders like Stones and Otamendi looked better alongside Kompany. Take away his leadership skills and those two look like headless chickens. Same can be said for the Liverpool CB’s pre VVD. We can’t create Christensen, Rudiger or Zouma to become a commanding CB. Commanding CB’s are naturally born that way. 

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Plus Dunk is a Chelsea fan and Rice might be (as he came from our academy) 

I can't decide whether Mings at Villa is any good individually because of how bad the players around him are.  

I wouldn’t put Mings in the commanding category. I think he is one that needs a commanding CB beside him. Similar to Ake. Dunk is very vocal on the pitch and has been reported to be a very good captain (Something we also lack). 

26 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I wouldn’t put Mings in the commanding category. I think he is one that needs a commanding CB beside him. Similar to Ake. Dunk is very vocal on the pitch and has been reported to be a very good captain (Something we also lack). 

1 syllable is always good.  3 syllables max for a CB's full name I reckon.  John Terry.  Curt Zouma.  Frank le Boeuf.  Mickey Droy or David Webb or Ron Harris.  
Our CBs at WHU has 13 syllables between them,  - no wonder they can't communicate well.
33 syllables for the whole back 5 including the er Nos 1 & 28

Lewis Dunk works.

Forwards is different, many syllables is good.  WHU had a real problem warning each other of Christian Pulisic - a real mouthful.  Yarmalenko - how do you tell your colleagues to watch his run.

Edited by Droy was my hero
  • Haha 2

Ham   
54 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1 syllable is always good.  3 syllables max for a CB's full name I reckon.  John Terry.  Curt Zouma.  Frank le Boeuf.  Mickey Droy or David Webb or Ron Harris.  
Our CBs at WHU has 13 syllables between them,  - no wonder they can't communicate well.

Lewis Dunk works.

Forwards is different, many syllables is good.  WHU had a real problem warning each other of Christian Pulisic - a real mouthful.  Yarmalenko - how do you tell your colleagues to watch his run.

😂

What's your view on hyphenated names? 

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

😂

What's your view on hyphenated names? 

It's how long they take to say, not how they are spelt!
And I'll probably get slaughtered for this but 2 unmarried parents is better than 1 married one.

bert19   

Interested to see how the Havertz hype train gathers speed & momentum in the coming days after he played & scored in the DFB Pokal Final yesterday. Telegraph seem to think a Chelsea bid is incoming.

Edited by bert19

On 03/07/2020 at 2:43 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Lewis Dunk works.

John Sitton has just thrown his hat into the ring. As has Frank Sinclair.

35 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

John Sitton has just thrown his hat into the ring. As has Frank Sinclair.

Thought about Frank, but he didn't really suit my argument  :)
Steve Wicks I should have had.  And Colin Pates.  John Dempsey.  David Lee and Dale Jasper maybe.
Does Graham Roberts count?
John Fxxxing Sitton is definitely 5 syllables.